Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #2, 4/20/13, Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    Good course, typical fun day of low traction, smooth surface and a good time had by all at a NATXS event. Nice course Chris and as always a very well run event.
    I concur; very nice course and a fun day.

On my last run apparently my gas pedal got stuck under the carpet. I didn't even realize there was a hole present, but Jerrett told me to check (via Kenny Baker) and that must have been what happened. It really seemed like the steering went out as well, but I'm not sure that's even possible.

Therefore I'm guessing:
    a) The raw horsepower of the car lifted the front wheels enough to completely loose traction
    b) My brain told my arms to steer but they didn't move. I was slightly panicked by my continued increasing acceleration while my foot was not on the pedal. I wouldn't be the first person to hit a fence in a Miata.

Heck, I wouldn't even be the first one on our Le Chump team to hit a fence in a Miata.

I happened to follow behind Robert Jones for most of the way home. I'm not sure if he even saw what happened, but I figured the S2K brakes were good enough to stop us both so I seized the opportunity to tailgate. Thanks Robert!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    I wouldn't be the first person to hit a fence in a Miata.
    Heck, I wouldn't even be the first one on our Le Chump team to hit a fence in a Miata.
    It is a requirement on our chump team that you had to have hit something. So far you have failed but we have hopes for you.

My favorite moment of the day: When Jim Harris' old car beat Jim Harris' new car on the last run and Jim gave the "up yours" sign. I guess that means he was happy that his past has caught up with him. Next you'll see Corvettes and Miata's and Evo's all come to play. I suggest a new class be formed; Ex Jim Harris (EJH) class. Really excellent job by Kent M on spanking his co-driver and all the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    I agree that the course was a lot of fun. Thanks and congrats to Chris and the setup crew.

I really enjoyed swapping cars with McShane for a couple runs, since I've never driven a Miata before. I enjoyed the car, but I don't think I could make it do what he does. I'm really, really glad we did it in the morning, so I wouldn't have to lose to him in my own car! :)
    I've been told by others numerous times and had my own suspicions, but today confirmed that Greg's car is amazing. The power delivery and top end headroom are just awesome, and the handling was more nimble than I anticipated from a heavier car. You've really done a top notch job developing that car.

Now, what to do with this black POS...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I've been told by others numerous times and had my own suspicions, but today confirmed that Greg's car is amazing. The power delivery and top end headroom are just awesome, and the handling was more nimble than I anticipated from a heavier car. You've really done a top notch job developing that car.

Trade it for a black S2k? Lol.

This is a know issue and has happened to many drivers.
    It should be a thing tech inspectors check for on NB's.
    Link to the big board.
    http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=462489

On my last run apparently my gas pedal got stuck under the carpet...

+1, it was pretty mind blowing going from gregs car my first 2 runs, back to my b stock car. The suspension is super forgiving which allows you to keep pushing it without worries, and the car has so much better torque delivery than stock, it just pulls all through the revband, no waiting for 6k vtec to kick in yo.

Great course design, had a lot of fun as usual with NTAXS

Mike Dusold was supposed to have been reclassed to 3 instead of X. Not that it really matters, but at least it can be known that he would've finished 3rd in class 3. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Thanks!

BTW, our discussion about my exhaust's legality in STR triggered what I believe is a brilliant marketing strategy. I need to get one or more of my exhaust systems out there ASAP, and get that whole ban process started! If SCCA banned it due to it providing too much of a competitive advantage ... best marketing material ever!

Here was my fastest run.

This is Mike's.

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    This is a know issue and has happened to many drivers.
    It should be a thing tech inspectors check for on NB's.
    Link to the big board.
    http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=462489
    Yup... I had to start pulling my floor mat for tech, and quietly putting it back in afterward... that gash in the carpet really grabs the pedal well...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

My gas pedal hung up under the carpet at an AutoX at Mineral Wells last year. My solution was a razor knife and a 2"x1" hole in the carpet behind the gas pedal.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

You guys need to let Chris do more of the courses!

Great day and lots of fun thanks NTAXS!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    You guys need to let Chris do more of the courses!
    +1!

We are always open to new course designers.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    +1!

We are always open to new course designers.
    Got to be better than that slack jawed kid who was doing them before.

Nice Job Chris!

I thought Chris's course design was pretty good. It flowed well, but it was a real challenge to get right. I'm also getting spoiled by the grip in Crandall. Felt like I had grease on my tires the first run!

X class was a definite dogfight, but it was a lot of fun! Half second spread separated the top five spots. Just wish I could've capitalized on my best raw time and been on the other end of that five!

Thanks to everyone who helps make the NTAXS events run. Still the best autocrosses in DFW.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I did not see your problem TexasStig. I think I would have made you get in front had I known.

Therefore I'm guessing:
    a) The raw horsepower of the car lifted the front wheels enough to completely loose traction
    b) My brain told my arms to steer but they didn't move. I was slightly panicked by my continued increasing acceleration while my foot was not on the pedal. I wouldn't be the first person to hit a fence in a Miata.
    Your steering went out because you pressed hard enough on the brakes to lock the front wheels... God save the fence!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Good day, great course, but could we turn the fans down next time?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast