Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Model #

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Hmm... I guess I'll have to see what my local Discount Tire monkeys can do. Edge Racing has them in the size I'd want (195/50-15) for $64 each.

Edit: Looks like DT Online has the same price.
    Ask Sammm he has set up a deal for us Tarrant County Kids at Discount.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hmm... I guess I'll have to see what my local Discount Tire monkeys can do. Edge Racing has them in the size I'd want (195/50-15) for $64 each.

Edit: Looks like DT Online has the same price.
    Ask Sammm he has set up a deal for us Tarrant County Kids at Discount.
    I think I tried that deal once. Jackass wanted $60+ just to mount and balance some loose race tires.

Oh well, maybe I'll give it another shot. Who is the monkey at the Pipeline store I should talk to?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    Merv, that pic is a few years old now. Ara might be faster now but I think you still got it! I am for all the "old guys" (me included) against the kids.
    Yes it is.......Memorial Day races in 2001. First time for Shelley to see a race :) Next to last race for me in Speedie. I think I may still have something for Ara once I'm back..........
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I agree, after riding with you Tailchaser I was very impressed with the grip of your tires, thats a great tire!!
    In fact I plan on getting a set once I learn how to drive the car on street tires. I also really enjoyed the way your car corners, I will have to try out the new suspension and then decide if I want to put the sways on that you are running.
    Did I mention I really appreciated the ride...lol
    Turbo said as we rounded the last part of the track all he could see was me grinning a mile away.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I agree, after riding with you Tailchaser I was very impressed with the grip of your tires, thats a great tire!!
    In fact I plan on getting a set once I learn how to drive the car on street tires. I also really enjoyed the way your car corners, I will have to try out the new suspension and then decide if I want to put the sways on that you are running.
    Did I mention I really appreciated the ride...lol
    Turbo said as we rounded the last part of the track all he could see was me grinning a mile away.
    Surprisingly, the tires I was running are "street" tires... They have a 200 treadwear rating, and would probably be good for 15-20k miles if not autocrossed. But, you'll learn a lot more with less grip, so you're on the right plan.

If you're interested in autocross, the first and best step you can take toward making your car easier to drive is installing the FM front sway bar - and leaving the rear bar stock. I only added the rear bar after I installed stiffer springs and found that I needed to reduce understeer. Putting the rear bar on a car with stock springs would help you spin a lot.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I think I tried that deal once. Jackass wanted $60+ just to mount and balance some loose race tires.
    I had the same thing happen at the local Goodyear store. :P

well I wont have that problem since I will be riding on the FM springs and KYB's.
    As soon as I can get them on that is, as I mentioned I should have them this weekend,...hint hint...lol, hoping to do them the weekend of the 23rd.
    Thats if I can get some help, I dont feel confident enough to tackle it alone.

I had thought about the Hankook (sp?) beofre I got the ES100's, but decided to go eith the ES's since I saw them recomended several places for street tires... I am very pleased with them so far but I can feel them break away sometimes when driving it hard.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    well I wont have that problem since I will be riding on the FM springs and KYB's.
    As soon as I can get them on that is, as I mentioned I should have them this weekend,...hint hint...lol, hoping to do them the weekend of the 23rd.
    Thats if I can get some help, I dont feel confident enough to tackle it alone.
    Hmmm... my crystal ball says the weekend of the 23rd might be tough, since there is a track day on the 23rd, and autox school on the 23rd, and an autox on the 24th. Chances are most of us will be at one or two of the above that weekend.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

IC, bumma. well it was worth a try, hope everyone has fun anyway.
    99 Miata Black

Well I order up a set of R-S2's for Vivid's car from our Paul at Discount Tire in Hurst.

They matched the online price 215/45zr-16s ($84.00ea), and agreed to our team CB mount and ballance deal ($36.00)! Should have them midle of next week!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

They matched the online price 215/45zr-16s ($84.00ea), and agreed to our team CB mount and ballance deal ($36.00)!

Hey there was a message on my recorder from Greg @ Discount when I got home; the tires were waiting for me at the store!

The General brought his new Hoosiers over for me to mount this morning and you have not seen a stiff tire till you look/feel of these! He has 225's, and trying to get them on the 6" inch rim, as stiff as those tires are, was impossible with my equipment. I had talked with the managment of the new(er) Discount Tire Store on 377 between Keller and Wataga, and he ad advised he would cut SCCA folks the same deal that our good friend Todd would in terms of purchase and/or installation. We took the tires over to them to install (I wanted to see how they would do it since their tire changers are the same as mine) and they charged him 30 bucks. I think the General would agree it was worth every one of those dollars...
    It took two to three guys, each with a long tire iron, to mount thos puppies up, then they had to take a rubber mallet and beat the folds out of the tread section of the tires... I had mounted a set of Hoosiers for Mark last weekend on his wider, smaller diameter wheels, and while it was a struggle, we managed to get them on. I've mounted about 4 sets of tires since I got the changer, but none of them presented the challenge the General's tires did...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Hey Sparky, you may want to throw some wheels and tires on there if you want to past tech on Saturday! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Hey Sparky, you may want to throw some wheels and tires on there if you want to past tech on Saturday! :P
    Nah... he'll bribe his way through again!

It's got tires!

That picture was taken as we decided if we wanted the whitewall showing!

It's got tires!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    It's got tires!

No kidding...

Hey Now! They look good! We just order up the ones Tailchaser Recommended!

Here is a close up shot!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast