Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MME - we don't tolerate douchebags.

Default MME - we don't tolerate douchebags.

I just picked this up off a forum member and it won't fit my '94. I have included pics of the back side, so make sure all the clips are in the same place as the one you are trying to replace, and you won't make the same mistake as me. I'd like to get $50 OBO.
    Last edited by sammm; 05-28-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: delete pics
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

Driver

that looks like an NB hood...
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!

Who'd you buy it from?

Yep. That's a NB hood. No wonder it doesn't fit.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

http://www.dfwmiata.com/threads/2435...-Cluster-bezel

PM the seller...he advertised it as a '94-'97 and it's not.

PS
    I updated the title of this thread.

I forgot to sub to this thread, so I am just now seeing this. I talked to the previous seller and he said he got it from a junk yard off a '95. Obviously, it was never on a '95. I don't think it was intentional on his part, I am just going to try and sell it to get some of the $$ back.

Anyone, make an offer.

Lame. Original seller should step up here. Good luck!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Lame. Original seller should step up here. Good luck!
    ditto. This is a relatively small community. I would have refunded the $$$. In fact, I did that on my recent part out when a part didn't fit on the guy's car.
    ...and across the line.

Tight nit community or not, I don't personally know any of you concerned members above. Not being a dick, but I don't find my self responsible nor feel obligated to refund the money back. You win some, you lose some. Again, as rmonheim already assumed, I did not intentionally "scam" him. I went to Farris Auto Salvage over the weekend and picked a few parts out of a red 1995 miata, where the gauge hood was just lying on the drivers seat, so I obviously assumed that it was from that car. Wouldn't you guys think the same? I understand that if you are experienced with miatas you wouldn't have committed the mistake that rmonhein and I did, but I on the other hand, am very new to miatas.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^I might have assumed it was the correct part, but the fact is it's not. It's not the buyers issue since you misrepresented it.

Take back your part, refund his money or lose credibility within this tight nit community.

The problem is that It was a 2 hour round trip to pick the damn thing up, and I don't have the time to do that again for awhile. I think we need to find some middle ground though, because its not easy to sell an NB hood since they rarely break on NB's.

Seriously? Paypal the guy his $50 with an apology, and ask him nicely to throw it in a box and mail it to you, or sell it for you and send you whatever he makes off it minus his gas money. Whether you intended to sell him a bum part or not, you did. Be a man about it. I know my word is worth a lot more than $50.

Karma...

Honest mistake? You be the judge.
    http://www.dfwmiata.com/threads/2349...ht=#post273771
    Last edited by OZMDD; 05-21-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

What does that old thread have to do with this? It seems to me like you're calling me a liar so FUCK you OZMDD. Same goes to the rest of you butt hurt faggots. Let the kid handle his own business "like a man".

That's what I thought. And yes, I have met you, so be careful who you talk that way to. Real grownups are behind the keyboards. Ryan is clearly the bigger man in this picture. sad, you'd sink so low for $50. Thief.
    Polished Turd Racing

Default '99-'05 Gauge Hood - $50

Wow.

I took a risk buying something off a forum (rather than eBay or somewhere where there is feedback, etc.) and it went south. Obviously, I would greatly appreciate it if the seller would do the right thing and accept that he made a mistake. But if he is not willing to step up, there's not much I can do about it. It's a shame stuff like this happens.

@slowchildmiata, I'm in argyle, which is near flower mound. I drove to frisco to pick it up.

Edit: I just saw the thread of him complaining that it wouldn't fit. Explains so much.
    Last edited by rmonheim; 05-21-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Where's the ban hammer?

I agree with OZMDD. Whether he knew or not, the fact is it isn't for a NA. He represented it that he thought it was for a later NA. The "right thing" is to refund the guy his money. Kharma is a bitch and your rep goes a long way here. It was the original purchaser's mistake. rmonheim bought it on faith it would fit as it was represented to be for a 94-97. EddieVegaGen1 made the wrong assumption, not rmonheim. Seems pretty straight forward. That's why everyone thinks it's wrong.

To rmonheim,

There really shouldn't be ANY risk buying from local forum members. We all know each other or at least meet folks at some point. I have NEVER had a negative experience buying or selling to local forum members. You shouldn't even have to consider "getting screwed" as a possibility. It's sad it did happen and even sadder the original seller is being an a-hole.

I have a 94-97 gauge hood I can sell you and it actually is for a 94-97! Came out of my black interior 96. It's in good shape. You can PM me if interested. Try to bring it out to our TDR Swap Meet on June 1st. Maybe you can find a buyer.
    Last edited by black roadster; 05-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    ...and across the line.

You know what, I want to apologize to those that I offended, I take back those words. It was my reaction in a moment of frustration. I spoke to the buyer before all this ruckus and you guys can clearly see that he's down with reselling the part. but my proposal to rmonheim is to come back to get $30 dollars back from me and he can also keep the gauge hood. Now, I'd like to continue being a member of this forum because I feel that I've benefited from this community one way or another.

Default '99-'05 Gauge Hood - $50

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVegaGen1 View Post
    You know what, I want to apologize to those that I offended, I take back those words. It was my reaction in a moment of frustration. I spoke to the buyer before all this ruckus and you guys can clearly see that he's down with reselling the part. but my proposal to rmonheim is to come back to get $30 dollars back from me and he can also keep the gauge hood. Now, I'd like to continue being a member of this forum because I feel that I've benefited from this community one way or another.
    Thank you for stepping up. Your proposal sounds fair enough, I will text you later tonight about it when I get off work.

Tight nit community or not, I don't personally know any of you concerned members above. Not being a dick, but I don't find my self responsible nor feel obligated to refund the money back. You win some, you lose some. Again, as rmonheim already assumed, I did not intentionally "scam" him. I went to Farris Auto Salvage over the weekend and picked a few parts out of a red 1995 miata, where the gauge hood was just lying on the drivers seat, so I obviously assumed that it was from that car. Wouldn't you guys think the same? I understand that if you are experienced with miatas you wouldn't have committed the mistake that rmonhein and I did, but I on the other hand, am very new to miatas.
    What does that old thread have to do with this? It seems to me like you're calling me a liar so FUCK you OZMDD. Same goes to the rest of you butt hurt faggots. Let the kid handle his own business "like a man".
    Wow sure getting to see your full range of emotions. Giving OZMDD the big FU and telling anyone else who posted that they were Fagots isn't really showing the love.

Apology seems a bit late and self serving since the classified seems to be why you need MME.

Caveat emptor

You're almost there. It wasn't his mistake. It was yours. He shouldn't have to pay for your error. Still, it's a step in the right direction. It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. Right now, you're about a medium sized man.
    ...and across the line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast