Thread: VW Mechanic

Default VW Mechanic

My wife's MK6 GTI--now out of warranty--has apparently developed a hesitation, but has not thrown a CEL. My long distance SWAG is either a high pressure fuel pump (happened to brad), injector, or coil pack. Its previously had plugs replaced, carbon cleanup of the intake (damn direct injection), and a new intake flap.

Because I am in Austin now, but she is still in Dallas for a few months, I need a recommendation for a trustworthy and competent VW mechanic she could go to. Does anyone know of such a thing in the Dallas half of the metroplex?

Sean

I really like Dub Squared in Arlington. The owner, Phillip is a stand up guy his pricing was always fair. Sorry no suggestions in Dallas proper. I've seen some friends get rediculous quotes from Autoscope.

That said. It always seems like coil packs go bad on VW/Audi products and they're pretty cheap.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I can second Thomas' suggestion, as I got his advice on my Audi and they treated me right. I've also heard that Autoscope is very good, but never cheap.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

I recently had a guy named Marin revive an old Golf Diesel for me. Stand up guy, very communicative. His rep seems to revolve around newer TDIs and VW electronics, but his business card lists a bunch of European marques and I personally was happy with my experience. His shop is in the area on the east side of Texas Instruments (NE of High Five).
    Last edited by redmenace; 05-21-2013 at 08:46 AM.