Thread: Darn Technology! OBDII Bluetooth scanner

Default Darn Technology! OBDII Bluetooth scanner

I bought this on Amazon - AGPtek® Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool

It was originally paired with my phone now it and my phone don't like each other.....

Also before it broke up with my phone it would ask me for the passcode every time I started Torque?

Is any of this normal or did I get a lemon??

I got the exact same thing but through eBay and nothing has been wrong, seems like you did get a lemon
    silver 91 miata - no mas
    gold 91 miata w/ hardtop - no mas
    99 emerald green mica miata - just found!

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie84 View Post
    I got the exact same thing but through eBay and nothing has been wrong, seems like you did get a lemon
    I think you are correct I just tried to get it to pair with the again. It would take the code and briefly show it was paired then the phone would show it as an available device.....

Just clicked "return" on Amazon that sucker is going back.

If you want to...you can connect mine to compare it
    silver 91 miata - no mas
    gold 91 miata w/ hardtop - no mas
    99 emerald green mica miata - just found!

I figure I just got a bad one. The reviews on Amazon had several saying it wouldn't work and the thing gave me hell yesterday when I got it to get it to pair and work with Torque. I thought I had it all worked out then it wouldn't connect this evening.

Guess I'll order another once since Amazon wouldn't give me the option of exchange it would only allow me to return.

The cheap ones are hit or miss as to how well/consistent they work. Good luck
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDmiata View Post
    The cheap ones are hit or miss as to how well/consistent they work. Good luck
    Any recommendations?

The ones on Amazon seem to get hit or miss reviews.

I've got the exact same one. Works fine for my obd2 cars. Was cheap enough that is just buy another one, I think I paid around $10.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I have the Kiwi adapter. I sometimes have to stop and restart bluetooth on my phone to get it to connect. Occasionally I have to re-boot the phone. It might not be the adapter.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

I have the kiwi (not very TCB, but I bought it used) I never had any problems with it working on my old MSM, also works fine on the Tribute and Rustang. I think the cheap ones are priced that way so you can buy 2 or 3 to find one that works consistently.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

My Flea-bay one would not pair with anything.
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

looks like the one I have-- works fine for me *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep hit or miss so I ordered another one on Amazon it will be here later this week we will see how it works.

this is the one I bought and it's been working great! only $10-20 shipped depends on seller

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090ZJPMK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    97 M Edition

My second one has been working great. Really liking the Torque App

I have that same one when I try to use it with my 97 it seems to lag tremendously but I use it on a newer car works just fine seems to be in sync. Oh I'm using Torque also

There is a setting for speeding up the OBD2/ELM adapter in setting that helped mine some.

It works awesome on our 2002 Miata, works reasonably well on my 1995 Ranger but it will report random OBDII codes that never existing in the rangers limited OBDII arsenal..... And flat out doesn't work on our 2012 Buick?????

What about the Caddy?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)