Thread: 2014 Mazda 3

Default 2014 Mazda 3

I like it, a hatch with the Mazda6 styling and hopefully great gas mileage. If I were in the market for a new DD, that would be on my shortlist to look at.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

nice! but will it drive all mushy like the current non-speed 3?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

The preggo rear hatch is kinda funky, but I like it for the most part.

I like it!

Waaaaaaaaay better looking than the current fugtacular version. Doesn't look as funcitonal as the 1st gen with the steeply raked rear hatch, though.

Mazda says the company's newest compact features a chassis that's a full 30-percent stiffer than the 2013 model thanks in part to extensive use of high-strength steel. The material also let Mazda cut around 200 pounds from the vehicle.
    Woohoo! Bring on the Mazdaspeed version!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I do see one thing I don't like:

When connected with a smartphone, Twitter® and Facebook updates can be read by the system, with audio responses available using the Shout function.
    Is this really fucking necessary? As a society have we gotten to the point that we can't run to the corner store for a six-pack without hearing Facebook updates read aloud by our car? How outdated will all this technology be in five years, when the average buyer is still actually making payments on it?

Ridiculous.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Lmfao!!! You've got a point. But I think they're just trying to compete in a market chalked full of mostly useless features but they always want emphasis on safety, removing the need for drivers to actually use their devices with their hands. Oh well I guess I can drive my new 2014 Mazda 3 and be the new twitter jockey for MME at the same damn time... Idk you are right though, a little over board with that "feature"..zz

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Is this really fucking necessary? As a society have we gotten to the point that we can't run to the corner store for a six-pack without hearing Facebook updates read aloud by our car?

Iain Peebles likes Emily Bryant's photo.
    Iain must be on his way for a sixer!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I do see one thing I don't like:

Is this really fucking necessary? As a society have we gotten to the point that we can't run to the corner store for a six-pack without hearing Facebook updates read aloud by our car? How outdated will all this technology be in five years, when the average buyer is still actually making payments on it?

Ridiculous.
    Just think about the power of that feature you will never be wondering where Jimmy and Laramie are dining!

I agree with you BTW.

#omwtoeggkenshouse
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."