Thread: Anybody up for some airsoft?

Default Anybody up for some airsoft?

Anybody here play airsoft?

Everyone at my firm plays airsoft but we could always use more players. We play in the woods exclusively, and we typically play a capture-the-flag/ elimination match on about 10 acres of land.

None of us are super hardcore; we don't use walkie talkies, we don't roll play, etc. We're fairly decent players with normal guns (no 500 fps guns or anything like that), so there is probably a practical limit on who we want to play with. When I go to the airsoft store, I sometimes get the impression that those guys are a bit too hardcore for our group.

Anybody interested in playing with us?

I used to be pretty serious about Airsoft. I played quite a bit of cqb in Fort Worth and ran a small tech business. I'm going to school down at A&M now, otherwise I'd love to come play again. Not sure I could afford it though haha.

There's something about getting shot at and getting to shoot back that's so damn fun

I went to a few of the "hardcore" events with role playing and what not. Thought it was all a bit silly.

Oh, and at one point I had built a p90 that topped 55rps at about 350fps. Never got to play with it, but it would have been painful haha
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

That P90 sounds awesome. Do you still have it?

And, yes, being able to shoot at people and get shot at is easily the most fun thing you can do. My wife completely doesn't get it. Haha.

If ever you're in the area, drop me a line. We do this quite often and we play on my coworker's land so it's always open.

I don't have any of my Airsoft stuff anymore, I've been out of it for 2-3 years now. I do, however, have this video :) :

If anyone had a loaner gun or something, I'd love to come play if I'm there for a weekend. I had to choose between airsoft and cars cause I didn't (still don't) have much money, and I chose cars. I got kind of tired of the airsoft "scene", however I still love the actual game. I think its the fact that 75% of players are little kids or ex-military guys who take it too far. I like the people in the AutoX/Track scene much more, its a much more mature place.

Edit: Where in the DFW area is the field?

That thing is awesome! The land we play on is in McKinney. It's just my buddy's land so nothing official. We usually have plenty of guns to lend. I can't really comment on the airsoft scene, per se. They seem like the biggest dorks in the universe and I've avoided them thusly. Haha.
    Last edited by Mr.E.G.; 08-25-2013 at 04:43 PM.

We used to have a very good scene around DFW in 08-09, lots of good players, good leadership, etc. Then there was a big falling out when it became about money, and some groups split off and formed their own orgs. Been kind of a cluster ever since... I miss the old days.

I still have some stuff, but I'm in Florida right now.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Let me know when you get back. We'll have you out to play some time.

I've always thought it looked like fun..... out of curiosity, what does it cost to 'get into' airsoft
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E.G. View Post
    Let me know when you get back. We'll have you out to play some time.
    Sounds like fun

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    I've always thought it looked like fun..... out of curiosity, what does it cost to 'get into' airsoft
    Eye protection and borrow a gun, that's the cheapest way.

If you're actually going to buy the equipment, you can get away with eyepro and buying an AEG and accessories... honestly, you can get away with a gun, some BBs and a single magazine. You can get set up that way for under $200.

The other end of the spectrum are the guys who spend more on Airsoft guns than they would on the real version of the guns they have
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    The other end of the spectrum are the guys who spend more on Airsoft guns than they would on the real version of the guns they have
    That was me for awhile . Had about $1k in my main M4.

In my defense, I ran a gun tech business to pay for things. Still a lot of money. I probably had close to $3k in airsoft gear at the peak of things. It was a hell of a lot of fun tho.

But yeah, just borrow a gun and bring some glasses/mask. That's what I'm gonna do if I get another chance to play.

I have my personal gun plus six others so that my friends can't weasel out of playing. If ever you'd like to give it shot just let me know and I'll have all the equipment you'll need (gun, masks, BBs).

I can't fathom what would go into a $1k gun to make it so much better than a $200 gun. Not saying it's db or anything, I'm just lacking in imagination I suppose.

I've never used any of my guns and thought, "If only I could shoot more rounds..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E.G. View Post
    I can't fathom what would go into a $1k gun to make it so much better than a $200 gun. Not saying it's db or anything, I'm just lacking in imagination I suppose.

I've never used any of my guns and thought, "If only I could shoot more rounds..."
    It had all the external goodies and I replaced everything on the inside as well. I never kept tabs on what it all cost, but I sold stock parts off of it to pay for upgrades. I'm guessing it may have been worth $1k in parts, but I'm not sure I spent half that actually building it.

It shot 35rps at 350fps on the dot (that was the fps limit at my venue). It was also as accurate as anything else out there. I could send a white laser of bbs thru a tiny crack at nearly 150ft. Also had a blinding bright flashlight that would illuminate the stream of bbs and also blind whoever I was shooting at

Yes, I was a huge Airsoft nerd haha