Thread: 10 - 225/45-15 BFG Rivals

Default 10 - 225/45-15 BFG Rivals

Well the Mini will be gone for 2014 so it's time to put tires up for sale. 205/50-15 Rivals are sold out for 2013 and the 225s are on sale so they will be gone soon I'd guess (at Tire Rack). On to the tires...

(pair #1) - two almost brand new tires with about 95% tread left. 16 runs (4 as fronts and 12 as rears) on sealed asphalt. About 300 street miles to and from 2 events.

(pair #2) - two almost brand new tires with about 85-90% tread left. 24 runs total. 4 as fronts on sealed asphalt and 20 as rears in lincoln. About 250 street miles to and from the site in Lincoln.

(pair #3) - two shaved to 4/32 (just under $350 shipped for the pair shaved and shipped from TR) and ran 4 testing runs, 8 runs at the Pro Solo and 2 runs on the practice course up front. They have almost the full 4/32 tread left on them.

(pair #4) - two shaved to 4/32 (just under $350 shipped for the pair shaved and shipped from TR) and ran 12 runs on the East and West course as well as 2 runs on the practice course up front. They have almost 4/32 tread left on them, but slightly less tread than pair #3.

(pair #5) - two tires worn to 2.5/32 from new. These tires won the Mineral Wells Pro and the Blytheville tour as well as countless regional events on Asphalt and concrete. Probably 80 runs on them including 16 or so practice course runs. They have been on the front and rear of the car.

PRICES:

PM me offers. I'd prefer local pickup but will ship them if needed. I just want to get a fair amount for them, not trying to get every last $ I can out of them.

I found the shaved tires to be about 0.3-0.7 faster (0.5 average) than the pair that was worn to the same depth (pair #5). I do think the shaved tires were faster because of the lower amount of heat cycles on them. So if you want to go fast and win right now, get the shaved ones. If you want to get a lot of seat time and aren't worried about getting all you can out of the car, get the ones with more tread.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

I also have 8 Hankook RS3's. All 8 have about 5.5-6/32 of tread left. They are the 140TW casting so they will be good for 2014 in all classes. In 2015 the min treadwear in the street classes (formerly stock classes) will be 200TW. Street Touring classes can still use them though.

They are AWESOME track tires too by the way :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

We might be interested for our Lemons car. Of course we have only have a Lemons budget...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

which ones? They will all be cheaper than getting new ones as far as wear vs cost
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Pm sent

PMs replied to :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Pm sent

8 hankooks SOLD :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

PM sent

price drop for pair 1 & 2. - $350

Pair 3 & 4 - $400

pair 5 - $80
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer's pm box View Post

• miata_racer has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Trying to PM, let me know when you clear some space.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

that's a fail on my part...clearing out space now :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX