Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #9 - Sunday, November 10, 2013 - Dallas Raceway

Looks like we have some interesting developments in our Battle of the Kids (Novice).

Jeffrey "what do you mean I have to move to ASP" Walker-Medina is up in the first heat. In the past ASP has always been moved the morning of the event to the last heat. Everyone knows times get better the later they run. So this would be good for Walker-Medina. Obviously this will be the one time ASP won't be moved.

Brooks "I should have been a country star with this name" Oakley is also scheduled to run in the first heat. However, Oakley's Scion could run as an STX car. This would move him to the 3 heat. Will Oakley take advantage of this loophole?

David "Where did you come from" Anderson has hit the jackpot with a 4th heat assignment. Will he crack under knowing what time he will need to take that coveted 3rd podium spot? I doubt it since runs from the first heat never stand up. So his chances look good.

Now for the biggest development. Nathan "why show up for half the races or drive my own car" Reyes has struck a deal with Grant "the Tuner Kid" Watkins to drive the 93 Civic from Heck! This will give him triple the power of his Mazda but retain the FWD handling he is used to. And if that isn't enough, he even scored a last heat spot as well. He is indeed the favorite to run away with that 3rd place spot. The only thing that could hinder him is that he will be running at a higher index then he is use to.

Las Vegas has the odds as follows:
    Reyes 2-1
    Anderson 5-1
    Oakely 20-1
    Walker-Medina 50-1

Gentleman ... Place your bets!

At those odds, I'll take Walker-Medina and then negotiate a deal to drive his car wearing a full face helmet.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    At those odds, I'll take Walker-Medina and then negotiate a deal to drive his car wearing a full face helmet.
    Hmmm ... I think someone has just been called a less then good driver. Guess that 20 year old car just needs a good driver!

No, just less-experienced. Having never driven your car or ridden with you, I have no idea how much potential it and you have. I just like 50-1 odds!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

A fun and fast course today! Great turnout as well....see y'all next season.

Fun (and LONG) event! Thanks for all who put it on.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Howdy Folks!
    Results are posted for TX Region SCCA Solo Event #9 -

Full Class Results:
    PAX Results:
    We appreciate your continued support of the 2013 TX RegionSCCA Championship autocross series. Lookfor information to be posted soon about the 2013 Year End Awards Banquet.
    As we mentioned last week, TX Region SCCA Solo pledged todonate $10 per entrant of our event #9 registrations. For this event, we had a total of 158 entriesincluding walk-ups. We’ve decided toround up that donation to $1,600 from Texas Region. Plus, on site CASH donations from folks atthe event came to an additional $761.36! This gives a grand total of$2,361.36 donated to Honor Flight DFW!!
    Thank You to everyone that made additional onsite donations! WELL DONE TX Region Solo!!

To stay up to date with all news & updates about the TXRegion Solo program, remember to join our TX Region Solo email list -http://texasscca.org/soloautocross/join-solo-email-list

Also, follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/texasregion.solo

Texas Region SCCA Solo on Twitter - https://twitter.com/TexasSolo

Thanks for attending & we’ll see you at the Awards Banquet!

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo Chair

http://texasscca.org/soloautocross
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

More news from yesterday...

We had 39 people sign up for the annual Ditch the Spare Tire Contest. All in, contestants topped 9,250 lbs total - I'm pretty sure this is the most people we've ever had sign up for the contest.

Here's a list of who's in. Wish them luck during the off season. I'll cross post this on our facebook page too, where hopefully we can get some good discussion going about diet tips, exercise routines, and some good old fashioned online rivalry for motivation. It would be fantastic to see that 9,250 total reduced drastically by March!

Ann Bergin
    Armstrong Vongsavath
    Bob Neff
    Brad Flack
    Brad McCann
    Brad Maxcy
    Buddy (Larry) Wolfe
    Chris Robbins
    Christopher Ledbetter
    Chuck Ball
    Dale Zavala
    Doug Covington
    Fox Schaffer
    Gabby Garner
    Gary Kramar
    Greg Piper
    James McAdams
    Jeremy Ault
    Jerrett Jan
    Jim Bunch
    Justin Burlew
    Ken Orgeron
    Kurt Janish
    Kurtis Frisbee
    Leilane Jan
    Mark Gillett
    Mark Hansen
    Mark Wortham
    Matt Lucas
    Mick Harrison
    Nicholas Villarose
    Norm Glowicz
    Peter Fehn
    Phil Osborne
    Phil Penner
    Sam Graff
    Shawn Rhodes
    Tim Bergin
    Todd Eaddy

An interesting side note - Our honor flight hosts yesterday (Rachel and Eric Hedstrom) are past winners of this contest!

Now go hit the treadmill
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

The results for the fight of the podium are in and all went as predicted. Well except for David "where did he go" Anderson.

Raw Times were:

Walker-Medina 48.662
    Reyes 48.707
    Brooks 50.463
    Anderson 51.928

Indexed:

Reyes 41.498
    Brooks 42.086
    Walker-Medina 42.141
    Anderson 42.892

Nathan " I can run half the season and have Grant save my bacon at the end" Reyes 29
    Brooks "I live by the Index" Oakley 25
    Jeffrey "For the last time my car is not a ASP car" Walker-Medina 25
    David "I made a run for it and lost but had the time of my life" Anderson 24

Congrats to Mr. Reyes on his victory and that last podium spot. Also congrats to Grant & Curtis for a fun year of arse whoopings.

Anyone catch the name or Pic account of the young man that was taking pictures on Sunday?

I was co-driving with David Anderson in his MINI. He had a blast, but self-admitted the red mist got him and he tried to hard. We plan to run the MINI together next season in the street class.
    2001 BRG Miata SE and 2007 MINI Cooper S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12