Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racing seats?

Ahhh... Altiain is going to be your answer guy, as he used to do just that!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

It takes me about 5-10 minutes to swap from one seat to another - less time that it takes me to make sure the trailer is loaded before an event.

My arrangement bolts straight to the floor and gets me about as much headroom as possible, but it isn't abjustable in the slightest. In order to allow both you and your wife to use it, you'll have to mount it on sliders, and you're going to lose a large portion of your head clearance doing that.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

^Sweet! Looks like this is my next seat.

If I swap them out every race, that would solve the slider problem.

Err...wait, I can leave the sliders on the stock seats & bolt the sparco to the floor, then put the stocker w/ sliders back in with little effort right?

This would solve the whole delima of wether to recover the stock seat or buy racing seats.

Ok while were on the subject...

I always see leather seats on ebay for cheap, but the driver seats are always trashed, & the passenger seats are always pristene. Would there be any way of modifying the passenger seat to work as a driver seat?? Or would you have to take the leather off the passenger seat & recover the drivers seat with it??

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    Err...wait, I can leave the sliders on the stock seats & bolt the sparco to the floor, then put the stocker w/ sliders back in with little effort right?
    That's what I do. Pull the stock seat (sliders and all), and bolt in the Sparco seat (with fixed mounting rails). Four bolts (two front, two rear - look at the pics on my webpage link further up in this thread) and you're done.

Just make sure to put anti-seize on those four bolts. Don't ask me how I know this...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey Iain,

Will you have that seat installed and out at an AutoX any time soon? And if so, would you let some of us try it out?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Hey Iain,

Will you have that seat installed and out at an AutoX any time soon? And if so, would you let some of us try it out?

RJ
    Honestly, I haven't swapped it in for an event in over a year, because I'm too lazy.

Besides, I can't run it in C Stock, so I was only using it for track events and S2k autocrosses.

However, if there's enough demand for it, then I'd be willing to swap it out for the next tech day.
    Iain

Wayne Atkins and I went down to Vic Racing just off 820 south of 283, and checked out his seats. Robert Vic is a roadracer and has a couple of stores in the metroplex, but the one off 820 is the newest. He has a couple of different brands, and has spec miata specific seats for 162.00 plus 75.00 for the cover. You can sit in them to see which size fits best. Check'em out....
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Thanks,

I'll have to swing down there when I get a free moment.

RJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12