Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super cheap deal on 15" & 17" Konig wheels!

Default Super cheap deal on 15" & 17" Konig wheels!

Courtesy of Konig wheels and National Auto Sport Association:

NASA is pleased to announce another amazing Member Benefit courtesy of Konig Wheels. This new program will allow NASA members to purchase any Konig 15-inch wheel for $55 and any Konig 17-inch wheel for $75. Members will have to provide verification of their membership status to Konig and also run four Konig stickers provided with the wheels on their cars, but this is a small price to pay for such a killer deal.

“This deal is simply unbeatable and will give all of our members a shot at some excellent wheels for a tiny amount of cash”, said Chris Cobetto, NASA’s Mid-Atlantic Director and architect of the deal. “We’re very happy to provide this program for NASA members and we’re looking forward to seeing grids full of Konig-shod cars in 2005”, added Ernie Manansala, Jr. from Konig.
    Apparently this deal is open to any NASA member. NASA membership is $40 per year,and includes a free year's subscription to Grassroots Motorsports, the best auto mag in the country (imho). So, for $40+4*$55, or a total of $260, you could get a set of 15" Konig wheels, a year's subscription to GRM, and a discount to NASA track days. What a deal!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Mmmm... 15"x7" Konig Rewinds...

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

ok, so what's Konig got for light 15s?

edit - I see Heliums at ~10lbs 15x6.5
    Rewinds ~13lbs 15x7"
    Holes ~13lbs 15x6.5
    Kolors ~15lbs 15x7
    Quikk ??lbs 15x7

anyone know if any of them come in DUAL 4/100 & 4/114.3? Looks liek the heliums may.. I can't find a place to be certain.

(thinking dual duty track wheels.. Rx7 & miata)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Helium's.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Funny... if you go to the website that Altiain linked above, you can actually browse all the wheels they make -- interesting concept, huh? But if you are asking us to do the work, and cut to the chase for you, Heliums 15 x 6.5 @ less than 11 pounds. How's that?
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Yikes... in the 9 minutes it took to look up all the info for myself I get two smart replies :P

I know of Heliums... Just hadn't researched others yet.

Do they tell you where the stickers need to be? I could deal with a little one in the window but 4? can I put one in each door jam, one on the under side of the hood and one on the under side of the trunk lid?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Do they tell you where the stickers need to be? I could deal with a little one in the window but 4? can I put one in each door jam, one on the under side of the hood and one on the under side of the trunk lid?
    I'm guessing the stickers are for competition cars only. How are they going to verify you're running them on a street car?
    Iain

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Argh!!

I should be all over this!!
    See if you can cancel the others and go for it!

Argh!!

Did you perorder with a credit card? If you did, cancel it and join NASA.

Or, call Konig and ask them exactly how the deal works - can you mail them a copy of the receipt for your wheels, a copy of your NASA membership, and get a refund check for the difference?
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Argh!!

Actually, I hadn't even paid yet!

The fella at Discount was nice enough to order them for me without a deposit!

Argh!!

Actually, I hadn't even paid yet!

The fella at Discount was nice enough to order them for me without a deposit!
    Ummm Yeah... don't need those wheels you ordered for me without a deposit, but I do need some tires mounted on these new Konigs that i got a deal on!

Mmmm... 15"x7" Konig Rewinds...

ME TOO! I love that wheel......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I dont know about the others but the Kolors are lighter than 15lbs.
    I think Konigs representaion of the weight is a shipping and wheel weight.

I dont remember without looking it up but the quickks were quite a bit lighter than I expected...I will try to remember to go get my notebook out of the car and post their weight (true weight)

If I hadn't already bought my Konigs I would be all over this, what a great deal for sure!
    99 Miata Black

Those Rewinds look good for SM. Sort of a Panasport look.
    Mac

Hold on a second...

Apparently, NASA jumped the gun on this announcement. Further info from the SCCAforums.com thread:

I just got off the phone with Konig and they told me that the deal is not entirely correct. First off, the deal is not finalized until a month from now. Second, it is not on ANY 15 inch wheel. It is on CERTAIN wheels and they have not determined what the wheels will be YET.
    As someone put it in the other thread, this deal just got a whole lot less appealing.
    Iain

if it sounds too good to be true.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast