Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Montego Part Out

Default 1997 Montego Part Out TODAY/TOMORROW

**EDIT** SO MANY CHEAP PARTS. ERRYTHANG MUST GO! You know you need all sorts of OEM stuffs; I HAZ 'em! Come get 'em! Today, tomorrow, etc.

I've been toying with ideas of putting this car back together; it's totally rebuildable. However, I don't really have the time or space to do that sort of work right now, so I'm parting it out.

The engine/trans/diff are on the auction block now. The engine ran great and had just been equipped with new TB/WP/belts/VC/CAS o-ring. Shifted smoothly and no unusual trans/diff noises.

The paint is not in great shape on the trunklid, but the doors are quite presentable. Doors have a couple of small dings here and there.

The interior is in good shape. The seats are good (the passenger seat is exceptional) and the driver's seat has a small tear right at the very top of the headrest. The clever buyer will be able to put a couple of stitches or a wide patch in. The seat pan was reworked and cleaned up and good foam was installed so the bolster is in great shape. The carpet is black non-loop ('97 was first year to change from loop carpet) and in very good shape but could use a cleaning. The steering wheel is in good shape (leather wrapped square OEM style out of my 1996), but the airbag has deployed. The dash is also in good shape, but the passenger airbag blew as well too. Door cards are in good shape. The tombstone is in good shape as is the center console.

The black zip-down rear window top is in decent shape; not great but better than quite a few I've seen with no rips or tears. The rear window zipper stops were never installed or fell out though, so you have to be careful not to go too far or it's a pain to get back together. A few stitches would solve this. The glass is good in the doors.

The wheels are dasies; I'd put them at a 5/10 with garbage tires on them.

All the rest of it is up to go. If you're interested in the chassis, let me know soon as I'm going to cut a chunk out of the rear passenger quarter to repair another car I have; I'll forego that if I have someone interested in rebuilding this car.
    Last edited by MC70; 12-26-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

How is the carpet? (Floor pan piece)

Very good but could use a cleaning. A few extra bucks might get me to do that for you

However I lied about it being a loop; I forgot the '97 was the introduction of the non-loop carpet.

Prices? Interested in the steering wheel, don't really need and airbag. Also interested in rear subframe braces. Drivers door power or manual windows? Pm me with your asking prices if you don't feel like posting them yet. Thanks!

PS - take the drive train and build and Exocet. ��
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

We all know what is fair for items. Everything on the car is in good shape (except for the parts that don't look like Miata anymore). Door panels are power.

I discussed the idea of an Exocet this morning. I love the idea (and is why the drivetrain is going to be the last stuff to go) but I'm just not sure I'll have time.

Pm sent
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by MC70 View Post
    Very good but could use a cleaning. A few extra bucks might get me to do that for you
    PM sent

Fair is pretty subjective. If you have a price, cool. If not, no worries, but I'm not going to guess.
    Polished Turd Racing

Just make an offer of what you're willing to pay. I don't think the car is pure gold or anything; if I feel like I need more, we can try to reach an agreement.

The dash is toast; when the passenger airbag blew it took some of the vinyl up. The tombstone and console are in good shape.

I've also decided that I'll sell the engine/trans/diff (should be LSD). The steering wheel is in good shape aside from the bag deployment. The passenger seat is in outstanding shape, and the drivers is in good shape but the vinyl is splitting right at the very top of the headrest. The foam is in very good shape though so if you have a donor cover, you can get a good seat.

As for the body panels, you can see what's going on here:

Nothing has changed with the rear of the car since this pic. The rear finish panel is good. The paint isn't great on the rear bumper, but the bumper itself is in good shape.

I will very likely be taking a chunk out of the rear passenger fender area to repair some damage on another Miata I have.

May be interested in the engine soon. Sorry for your loss on the car.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Thanks. I may start pulling the car apart as much as possible over the next week. Maybe... maybe...

Chassis Designer

Interested in the gauge hood and the rack/pinion if it's not bent. Please list or PM prices.

$45 for the tombstone?
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Interested in door panels. Could you remove them to check the condition of the back of them? If they are solid, no water damage and all fastener holes are intact. If so would you be willing to ship? How much for them both? Price for hardtop?

I'm doing a part-out through the week, but am hoping maybe a sort of swap-meet type thing might happen tomorrow. Yeah, I know, last-minute... See below:

http://www.dfwmiata.com/threads/2540...404#post295404

I'd rather not ship; especially door panels as it would make them very expensive and I couldn't guarantee they wouldn't get folded en-route. I would bet we could probably ferry them out to you though... depends on how tight the community here is. i just pulled these off. The driver's door panel is just about pristine, however the passenger's was reinstalled without plastic and does have water damage but it is solid and doesn't look deformed at all from the interior side; all holes are good.
    Last edited by MC70; 12-26-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Bump!

Txt 972-nyne fife 5, fyftee too twennee to

Top is in decent shape; no cuts/tears/holes. The frame is also in good shape as are the latches. I don't know about the rain rail yet.

The doors are also in quite good shape; a minor ding and scuff here and there. The fly-windows have been removed but I just need to use them as a template for a custom glass application so if you want them, you can have them back when I'm done with them. I'll be removing the doors soon. The glass, regulators, and motors are good.

The cluster works fine and we have the needles for the gauges. I can help you set everything up if you're planning on using this in your car.

The hood is sold.

Glovebox is sold.

Seatbelts are sold.

Passenger headlight housing (nacelle cover, headlight trim ring, cover, structure, headlight, motor) are all good and functioning properly. The driver's side motor may also be good; I will test it once I get it out.

The upper tombstone support/mount has been spoken for.

I've got everything laid out approximately where it would be in the car:

The bumper assembly is complete but a few clips were broken during removal (they just spun and I had to cut them). The actual bumper and internal baffle are in good shape; paint is not great and there are a couple of scuffs but it would be suitable for a repaint with just a little effort.

Tail lights and side markers are in excellent shape.

All the trunk carpeting and accessories are present.

The fuel door, filler spout, hoses and hose support (at the fuel cell) are present. All in decent condition.

Spare tire is decent though may need air (I can fix that). The mounting hardware is there to secure it, as is the securing 'T' bolt for the jack. Jack is also available.

Snorkle, airbox (one tab is cracked), MAF all in good shape and working well.

You can see the cluster hood there.

Clockspring/steering stalks (no cruise) in good shape. Wiring is all in tact.

Weatherstripping at firewall is perfect. You can fish out the little clips if you want; I won't promise they won't break on removal.

Windshield wiper arms in good shape; plasti-dipped and looking dapper.

Glovebox in very good shape.

Steering wheel, leather wrapped OEM in pretty good shape. A very small amount of effort would have it looking brand new in no time.

Tombstone and radio support are sold

Window and hazard switches work perfectly.

HVAC panel is in good shape and works perfectly; illumination is good and the AC button works properly.

Cheap clock (I believe this came with one of the tombstone cubby options).

Center console in good shape; better than many I see. The trunk and fuel door lever is inside and the cables are in perfect condition.

For those looking to do a console delete, I have my 2nd version of the tan loop 'nakame' style carpet available.

Black floor mats with white 'Miata' script; in very good shape (though they could use a good cleaning). Also have two sets of NB tan floormats. One set in better shape than the other, but both are pretty decent.

Door panels are in very good shape. The driver's side is in excellent shape and the passenger had some water damage. Both are solid and the passenger one does not have any mounting holes torn out and you cannot tell there is any water damage when mounted.

El-cheapo Pioneer door speakers. Whutev. If you need something that'll make noise, these will do it.

Seats in good shape overall; great foam in both. Driver's shows more wear and has a tear a the very top of the headrest. Well working mounts that slide easily.

Power mirrors work well; one has been freshly painted, and have paint for the other.

Last edited by MC70; 12-31-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Interested in the clockspring.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Ok, I'll come shop. Nice work on the teardown and descriptions.
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast