Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Winter Autocross, 1/25/2014, Dallas Raceway

If the times are not counted separately, then they are meaningless, as they are two completely different courses. With 4 shots at each course, its on the driver to ensure they get at least one score-able run on both courses. Sometimes 9/10's is smarter than 10/10's.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I'll be sad to see Dallas Raceway go, as I really like that site.
    Is that official? I think ER has scheduled a bunch of their events at DR...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    I don't think it is officially official, but with it being purchased by a company that operates a heavy duty truck wrecking yard, I can't see that it will remain a viable autocross site.

Hopefully I'm wrong!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    Thanks again for putting on a fun event! My only whine / moan is that it sucked for a bad morning to screw the whole day. A couple cones and a spin locked in the loss for the day! Now that I think about it, if cones were just a 1 second penalty, I might have still had a shot!
    Nope, even with just a 1 second penalty on that morning run, you would have come up 4/10ths short. It would have moved you up to 2nd though...

I like this event format, and not just because I won. It forces you to focus on being clean as well as fast. Very similar to a Tour or Divisional, but compressed into one day.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Not to mention Dallas Raceway canceled this weekends test and tune for the drag strip on Sunday. Don't imagine that is weather related since it was 70 degrees yesterday. They also have yet to post an official scheduled for the drag strip.

Also on facebook they posted the following.....
    Ken is still working to figure out the track situation for 2014.
    Hope they figure it out soon....

This is based solely on hearsay and speculation on my part: It appears to me that Ken Hall (manager of the race track) is attempting to squeeze whatever he can out of the site before the property officially changes hands. Once it does, he would seem to be out of the picture. At that point, its up to the new owners to decide if they might rent the lot in the months before they start using the site. I've heard that there may be up to a year before they actually start parking trucks there.

It would be wonderful if the new owners are open to the idea of getting paid while the property sits idle, but there is no way to know yet if they will even take our calls.

Since the autox schedule has to be set in January, most clubs can't wait to find out. ER already has back-up dates/locations set in case Crandall goes away.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    If the times are not counted separately, then they are meaningless, as they are two completely different courses. With 4 shots at each course, its on the driver to ensure they get at least one score-able run on both courses. Sometimes 9/10's is smarter than 10/10's.
    That's why I called it a "whine / moan" instead of a "complaint"! I loved the format last year when I won in the morning AND afternoon! :)

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Site sold. New owners told Ken Hall today to clear stuff out by Friday. New owners are not interested in continuing any motorsports at the site.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I had a ton of fun yesterday. I'm still rusty, and running on all seasons doesn't help.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Videos are private, I hope you didn't accidentally post the link to those "home video" you made this weekend instead of your runs.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Video of my fastest morning run, and what would have been my fastest afternoon run by almost a second had I not clipped the cone on the last corner.

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Videos are private, I hope you didn't accidentally post the link to those "home video" you made this weekend instead of your runs.
    Oops ... fixed now.

One thing I'd like to mention about the videos is that they were recorded using Movie Pro on an iPhone 5. I'm really impressed with the features that Movie Pro has, especially the ability to select which Microphone on the iPhone to use. By selecting the forward facing camera and the back microphone (I didn't even know there was one), it virtually eliminated wind noise.

Really good video. Phones are amazing these days. Too bad they still suck for phone calls. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Here's are my good runs for the day, 57.489 (AM) and 58.903 (PM).

I know it's white, but here comes the hot sauce, 964 C2

Fun courses, the starts were a little bit too tight. I get not doing a 60 foot burnout drag launch but that was somewhat uncomfortable for bigger cars.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Fun courses, the starts were a little bit too tight. I get not doing a 60 foot burnout drag launch but that was somewhat uncomfortable for bigger cars.
    That's the idea. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

+1 made me really miss the quick steering in the CR, I could barely turn the wheel far enough to get around the second cone. The rest of the course was good. My setup on the other hand needs work, but I know what was wrong and it will be an easy fix. Overall another great event.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    That's the idea. :)
    There's a compromise between a straight 90 foot path to the first turn and a super tight start.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

That's true Cosmo, but JJ knows you will always show up in big, overpowered cars, so he designs accordingly. Should've kept the Lotus. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast