Thread: WTB NA/NB front upper control arms

Default WTB NA/NB front upper control arms

I'm replacing my ball joints at Jack Junkies, and would like to upgrade to the rebuildable joints from V8 roadsters. I need a pair of arms to tack-weld the new joints to ahead of time. I'll be selling my old arms once the operation is complete.
    Last edited by Johntron; 01-11-2014 at 06:17 AM.

If you are paying someone else to do the work, it seems like just getting the tubular control arms is a better value.

Yeah, I'm just worried that might disqualify me at tech inspections. I haven't started tracking the car yet, but plan on it.

You'll be fine for HPDE. Those control arms would be illegal in SM and any other competitive classes that require stock suspension parts.

BTW, the upper ball joints don't really see a lot of wear because they are lightly loaded compared to the lowers. Are you sure yours are worn out? Do they have play? If the boots are ripped, you can get replacement boots for sub-$10.

Hmm, no play last time I checked, but I've been driving around with disintegrated boots for 10K miles or so. I'll check again and see if I can save some moolah. If I do need new joints, I'll just order the tubular arms for HPDE's. Thanks so much for the help! I probably owe you lunch or something for saving me time and money :P

I've seen torn upper boots on cars where it's obvious they've been torn for a loooong time. Still no play. As hornetball mentioned, the lower ball joint takes the brunt of the abuse. Just replace the boots. We have them on our website at Track Dog Racing. I've seen three lower ball joints fail in the last 5 years on customer's cars. All of them failed at low parking lot speeds strangely and luckily enough. Still, no bueno. Lower ball joint's should be changed if the boots are split. Cheap and easy to do.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)