Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mineral Wells Pro Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Where are the Entrikens? That is a half dozen or so right there....

Maybe the fact that they charge cards right away has become a detractor for early registrations?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post

Maybe the fact that they charge cards right away has become a detractor for early registrations?
    If that IS the problem, or one of them, then these are definitely doomed.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think I might make back-up plans for that weekend. I'm not sure why we can get 200 for the PMS event and only 80 so far for the Pro, but folks who are considering this from afar without committing may have already seen the last MW Pro/Tour come through in 2013. With the success of the College Station site in drawing good numbers and the failure of DFW/MW to do so... you do the math.

Hope I'm wrong!
    So many negative thoughts. Lets doom it now and plan on a nice day in a flower garden instead.

I am not in the inner circle on this, but
    (a) I think that the 200 number for the Tour in College Station was more of a goal to get another one next year, not a cancel warning.
    (b) The goal numbers for PROs are typically lower than Tours, most of the time there is a cap around 180. You just can't run that many cars in a PRO format in 2 days. When they have gone beyond that number the National office has spread it across 3 days.

So, what that means is:
    (a) get signed up! (now) For a blast of fun for a weekend with tons of runs.
    (b) get signed up! (NOW) To show the national office that we love having these kinds of events in our backyard.

Here is the handy link to help that 'sign up now' process: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...6#.UzxeolwzKf0
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Thanks so much for the bump.....

In! Just hope the RS3's come in on time. Got a call it was pushed back to the 24th.

Sube, you are completely right. Sorry for the doom and gloom. Let's Pro Solo!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by revs View Post
    In! Just hope the RS3's come in on time. Got a call it was pushed back to the 24th.
    I got the call and they told me the 15th.

Like a bunch of addicts waiting to find out when they are gonna get their next fix
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Therevis a post on the pointy board on the autocross forum from an out of state person looking to buy a ride at the Pro

Yeah, he contacted me but Aaron is my codriver. He is specifically looking for an SR ride for yearly points.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Looks like I am definitely out on this. We will be leaving for the honey moon on the 3rd. Of course, I could just run the Sat AM session, LOL!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    SR biggest class so far...woohoo!!!
    SR has more Z06’s signed up than SSR (and they said no one wanted to drive one on street tires), with a least one very fast driver in one. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    (and they said no one wanted to drive one on street tires)
    It's always the vocal minority that gets the attention.

I was surprised (and then excited) to see that John Hale changed from CS to SR.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Therevis a post on the pointy board on the autocross forum from an out of state person looking to buy a ride at the Pro
    That's me -- Stephen Hui from Northwest Region. I’m looking for a competitive ride in Street RWD, and in exchange I'd be happy to help cover expenses, bring some tires to run on if the car runs the same sizes I do, trade for a seat in my car (currently an FS BMW M3) at another event, and/or whatever else might be appropriate.

I've been autocrossing for ages, and I've flown in and driven strangers' cars at many events over the years -- I'd be happy to provide their names as references.

If you know anyone who might be interested, I'd be super grateful if you pointed them my way.

Thanks!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by PedalFaster View Post
    That's me -- Stephen Hui from Northwest Region. I’m looking for a competitive ride in Street RWD, and in exchange I'd be happy to help cover expenses, bring some tires to run on if the car runs the same sizes I do, trade for a seat in my car (currently an FS BMW M3) at another event, and/or whatever else might be appropriate.

I've been autocrossing for ages, and I've flown in and driven strangers' cars at many events over the years -- I'd be happy to provide their names as references.

If you know anyone who might be interested, I'd be super grateful if you pointed them my way.

Thanks!
    Steve
    I'll vouch for Steve.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

PM sent to Steve Hui about co-drive!

Gerry

Thanks everyone! I've found a ride -- I'll be driving the Miata's mortal enemy, an MR2. :)

Last years video.

Last year, there were 149 entrants. 143 are registered so far!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast