Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide autocross #3 - 5/01/05, Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Sounds good to me! Certainly beats the outstanding (in their field) customer service at the Whatacrapper across the street...
    Just because it took them three tries last time and they still got your order wrong is no reason to be insulting...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Where do you guys meet?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Where do you guys meet?
    South side of I-20 at exit 418. McDonald's opens at 7 (grrrr) and there's air at the Shell station across the street. See you at 7?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Is it 7am'ish at Mickey D's in West Jesus this Sunday?
    I'll be at the McDonald's in far West Jesus* at around 7:00am. I'll see you there if I see you there!

---------------------------------

For those of you who don't know, most (nearly all) of the gang meets at the McDonald's on 20 at exit 418 (or is it 419?). I prefer the one on 180 in Mineral Wells just past where you turn left (south) to head to the airport.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

South side of I-20 at exit 418. McDonald's opens at 7 (grrrr) and there's air at the Shell station across the street. See you at 7?
    I'm not really sure where exit 418 is, is it west of 35W or 287. If I'm going on Sunday, I'll definitely be at McDs.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I'm not really sure where exit 418 is, is it west of 35W or 287. If I'm going on Sunday, I'll definitely be at McDs.
    It's just west of where I-20 and I-30 merge. So, it's west of I-35W. Just get going west on I-20 or I-30 and you'll see it. We may also manage to organize a caravan or two. If POS wakes up on time, he might let you caravan.
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Wayyyyyyyy west of 35W. Probably about a 15-20 minute drive past downtown Ft. Worth. I-30 merges into I-20. It's the first exit after that.

Thanks guys, I hope I'll see you on Sunday.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Alright, I'll be going tomorrow so I'll see everybody at McDonalds. Anybody have a cell phone number that I can reach you at in case I get lost or something stupid?

I don't think I'll be bringing the Hoosiers b/c I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell I'll fit 4 225 hoosiers in the car. I tried this afternoon and there's no way. So I guess I'll be running ESTR (damn you guys use too many letters for your classes here). Maybe I should run NESTR.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Actually, it's just TES. The "extra" runs will be RES. Unless you're tired - then they'll be REST.

My cell is 214-912-9261. See you in the morning!

ER moved their event schedule up this year, didn't they? What time is the driver's meeting? I can't find it on the website.

I'll probably meet you guys at the Wells, as McDonalds, sunrise, and my stomach don't tend to go well together.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I'll probably meet you guys at the Wells, as McDonalds, sunrise, and my stomach don't tend to go well together.
    You're telling us...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ER moved their event schedule up this year, didn't they? What time is the driver's meeting? I can't find it on the website.
    http://autocross.com/er/calendar.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page. Drivers meeting is at 9:45.

Mcdonalds 7:00? Ill be there, and this time I know where I am going!

Hooray!!!! I beat Majik!!!

Thanks to Mr. Hahn for an AWESOME flowing fast course!

Competition was STIFF in C-Stock... A couple tenths from 1st to 3rd - and the order changing after every heat. When the curtain fell, lugnutjon squeezed out another win, followed closely by kestrel and altiain. mark52 managed to hold off that young punk, majik, for a win in CSP.

I was about a second shy of a win in T class - beaten by the black MR2. miatamoto took the third place trophy (let me know where you'll be autocrossing next, and I'll bring it to you).

And we're fairly certain that killiwizz scored an extra birthday present with a trophy in the Novice class! Congrats!

What a great day, and event. Now off to bet, I'm whipped, good night.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Yes, great course and a blast to drive! As TC described, the C Stock guys were smokin' fast!

I told my co driver when we walked the course that this was definitely a HP course, and required horsepower AND balls... Unfortunately, we came with only the latter... our worst ER PAX performance since teaming up last year in the Civic...
    Ok, I'll stop whining....fun couse anyway...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Somehow I got this weekend with next weekend mixed up, crap!
    So I guess I wont be able to come out til the next race that will be held Sunday the 22nd at Pennington field. I will slip you some cash then Tailchaser...sorry I am a confused man...lol got my band going again so there is a lot on my plate right now.
    Good thing is I will have my Header by then and maybe even the Midpipe to connect it all.
    99 Miata Black

Hooray!!!! I beat Majik!!!

Thanks to Mr. Hahn for an AWESOME flowing fast course!

Competition was STIFF in C-Stock... A couple tenths from 1st to 3rd - and the order changing after every heat. When the curtain fell, lugnutjon squeezed out another win, followed closely by kestrel and altiain. mark52 managed to hold off that young punk, majik, for a win in CSP.

I was about a second shy of a win in T class - beaten by the black MR2. miatamoto took the third place trophy (let me know where you'll be autocrossing next, and I'll bring it to you).

And we're fairly certain that killiwizz scored an extra birthday present with a trophy in the Novice class! Congrats!
    Sweet! Thanks for picking up the trophy for me Tailchaser. I'll let you know when I'm racing again.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Yeah, I managed to hold on to 2nd place in CS, but only because (1) General Default unexpectedly decided to run with a passenger on his last class run, and (2) Altiain saved his fastest run for the PAX/Money runs (Altiain also took TMOD). If you look at the overall CS results -- all runs included -- I ended up in my customary place. But it was fun being competitive, and I'll take a 2nd place finish in CS any time I can steal it!

CSP was a good battle as well, with Mark52 beating the ever-fast Majik. Maybe now Majik will break down and by some race rubber... kinda tough taking on an open class on street tires, eh? And as previously pointed out, the Miatae in Tire class did very well... again! :cool: ES is proving to be a tough class, now that a certain Fiero has returned.

STS2 class is progressing nicely, and you have to give BIG kudos to Granddaughter-of-Lost 216 (sorry, I know she's a member of MME and has her own screen name, but I can't remember it)... she went to the SCCA school last weekend, and apparently learned a lot! She was very fast, and came within about 1 second (on a 90+ second course) of her sponsor!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast