Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Buick.....

I think that one closed, but I haven't been over there in quite a while.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    ^Isn't there a Subie dealer right there at Highway 10/820? Near DPS office (sort of).
    It is a Mitsubishi dealer now noticed that as we were leaving the Toyota Dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Just noticed that they are incentivizing the 2013 MINI's even more now. $179/mo on the base Cooper, $219 on the S. You might also take a look at the Paceman. A little bigger, but still very sporty. Just like Leilane's Countryman but a 2-door.
    We are going to the Mini Bloody Original Launch Event in Ft. Worth after work tonight.

Not exactly sure what it is all about but what the heck!

http://www.miniusa.com/content/miniusa/en.html

I'm not really seeing anything on the Subaru site that makes me want to drive out to Abilene to look at.

I'm not all that interested paying WRX STi insurance rates I still have an 18 year old on my insurance policy.

I agree they don't look as exciting as the new Mazdas, but the Legacy sedan sure does drive well. Much more sport feel than the Verano, without being harsh or noisy. I wouldn't pay WRX money since the residual is meh. LMK how you like the 2014 Mini, especially if you compare it to a 13 too.

The Mini maintenance is sweet; even brakes and rotors are included.
    Polished Turd Racing

We saw the '14 last weekend at Mini of Arlington it looked pretty good.

They asked if we knew anyone with a Mini. We said yes OZMDD and jrj512 they then gave us a Subaru brochure and asked us to leave the property and paged security......

Better not mention me at the Subaru dealer... they won't be so kind...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Drive a Mazda Speed 3 Hatch before you decide. Very practical car. Lots of space for people and stuff. Decent mileage. And ...
    it's more fun to get used to a car with too much power than not enough.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

I test drove one before I got my wrx. It was nice until I flored it. I had one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter... things got interesting... Torque steer like I couldnt believe. Some people find it endearing. I prefer the wrx 20:1 over the speed3, ymmv.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Speed3 is inferior to the other fwd turbo cars on the market now like Focus ST, GTI, MCS, etc.
    Polished Turd Racing

Didn't the Mazdaspeed3 die when the new 3 was released?

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/sayon...-see-you-again

For the love of the automobile, absolutely under no circumstances get an Altima. Nissan's are horrible vehicles anymore. And to add insult to injury most of the DFW Nissan dealers are autonation dealers. Avoid autonation at all costs.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

My buddy has had TWO Minis, both 2nd gen turbo S models. He traded the first one off for a Clubman so he could haul his dogs around. The only trouble he had with either one was with the moonroof - it never would seal right, and was a constant source of rattles and wind noise. He's decided to keep the Clubman for the long haul, but he's going to pony up for the 100K mile extended warranty.

FYI, he bought the Clubman from Moritz in Arlington, and has nothing but good things to say about them. Mini of Dallas (where he bought the first one), not so much... but that was 6-7 years ago.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I pulled up next to a 2013/14 Mazda6 at a light last night. Those are remarkably sexy cars. Really has lines you'd associate with a new Jag or Lexus without all the cheese-dick bling.
    Polished Turd Racing

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Of Meesh's original list, the new 6 was the only one that stood out to me.

The Mazda6 is sexy!

We went to the Mini deal in Ft. Worth last night wife likes it more than she did I'm still not so sure this is the car for us.

And I still like the Buick Regal.

Quote Originally Posted by pos racing View Post

and i still like the buick regal.
    ftfy
    Polished Turd Racing

Fixed again...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    And I still like the Buick Reatta.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Doesn't the new Regal GS have 260 HP and AWD? That doesn't sound bad for a daily driver. Think of it as a grown up alternative to the WRX. It's also better looking than anything in Subaru's current lineup, which have all gone from "ugly but quirky" to "fugly and boring".

I like the looks of the new Mazda6, but they only offer the 185 hp SkyActiv 4 banger so far stateside. No bigger motor, no turbo 4 cylinder, and still no diesel variant. It looks good, but on paper it matches up stat for stat with my old '00 Honda Accord I4. Not something I'd want to lease new in 2014.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

The Regal Turbo lease offer is $259/mo for 24 months/10k miles, with $3k up front, and is for non-GM owners. I suspect POS can get them to back-down on the up-front stuff with his current lease equity. Not AWD or GS in that price point. I'd guess the GS is closer to $350+/mo, not TCB territory. Also not so sure about the 21 mpg city in a 2014 car. #notafan

Edit: just checked, the GS AWD starts at $40k. LOL
    Last edited by OZMDD; 04-23-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast