Thread: Wireless Security Cameras System

Default Wireless Security Cameras System

Anyone has experience in wireless security cameras system? My son is going to store some expensive tools in his detached garage. Other than the main garage door, it has a side entrance steel door hidden from the street view. I am thinking adding a security cameras system. Wonder anyone has any experience ... or this is a total wast of time or $$.
    Gabriel

Sorry, I haven't done any wireless ones, but I helped my dad put in a wired one in his house last year. Do not, under any circumstances, purchase a Zmodo system. It is a total POS, and you can't access it remotely with anything but the program included on the disc that comes with the system, not even the download from their website. And God help you if you try to access it on a phone. It's basically a crap shoot on whether it's going to just go into a buffering loop or actually work. The only thing that does seem to work is the snapshots that get emailed to my dad of raccoons at two in the morning setting off the motion detector function. Also there is NO documentation for any of their systems ANYWHERE.

oops, that turned into a rant. Don't buy Zmodo. Make sure whatever system you get has decent documentation and support. That's all.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Just saw this in a NT email I received...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5517_200415517

I haven't personally purchased any, but I've configured plenty of different systems. If you need help with the setup send me a PM.

Chassis Designer

I've never had security system of any kind but my mother-in-law is having some issues with her neighbors and asked me to help her install.
    I did some research and this one seems pretty simple and has good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Q-See-QT534-4E...+camera+system

Your situation might be different and you might need wireless cameras since it's detached garage and wires are easy to cut. There are some wireless out there too but very expensive. I've seen 2 of my friends with broken detached garages. Luckily, they both had good insurance that covered all the tools but asked for pictures of tools/items in the garage.
    Good luck with the research.