Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder-coated Valve Cover

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Ohhhhh Awwwwwwe

kinda off subject but, last week I saw a LandCruiser (FJ40) painted red with what looked like Rhrino Guard, a rough texter, but it looked cool and very rugged.
    I wanted to Rhino Guard the fenders & other usless plastic crap on my Element, in black...but my wife dosent like the idea...

Edit: Nice valve cover...Ive been debating wether to do mine in red, black, or polish it...& since im already in CSP ill be ok, Onething

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    $100?! I think we're going to have to elect a new TCB president.
    Hey, I should've posted something earlier about by friends new powder coating business. He would have charged only $40 to do that and about $60 if you wanted parts polished. It would only take about 1 day for him to get it completed.

Here's a link to my parts he did starting out:
    My Miata valve cover

Here's a nice Mustang valve cover he did in 3 colours:
    Mustange valve cover

I don't have a pic at the moment but you should see the job he did on my friend's Viper intake/valve covers! Awesome red with crinkle finnish like the MS Miata and silver intake runners.

Here's his number and website if you need any powder coating done. He also does ceremic coatings as well.

Paul's Powder Coating

469-688-0837
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Chris,

Where is he located? I'm interested in getting some things polished.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

He is located in Mesquite off Oates and Ferguson. He has a shop built out of his home right now but don't be fooled, he has a nice set up with new equipment and does an awesome job and his prices are hard to beat.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    A little.. It reminds me how I haven’t gotten off my butt and finished polishing the extra valve cover I have. Anyone know a good place to get it chromed?
    Hey, getting stuff chromed is very expensive. My father just had the bumpers on his 71 Camaro re-chromed and I nearly crapped myself when I saw the bill!

As you can see I'm promoting my friend's new powder coating business so.....
    He can do a powder coat job that looks just like chrome but for a 1/10th of the price of actually having it chromed.

any idea what he charges to strip and polish wheels? they have powdercoat on them now.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I saw a LandCruiser (FJ40) painted red with what looked like Rhrino Guard, a rough texter, but it looked cool and very rugged.
    My XJ needs paint, and this may be better than paint for something frequently makes its own trails.

My old Jeep mechanic had his 4x4 jacked up off-road Cherokee painted with Rhino Lining... Looked great and worked great. You could smack a fender and unless you nailed it with a baseball bat it would bounce right back out.

No scratches at all when running through the brush!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    any idea what he charges to strip and polish wheels? they have powdercoat on them now.
    I can't quote prices off the top of my head, but I can almost guaranty that he will have the best price. On the other hand, if they are already powdercoated, it may be a bit extra to strip them since powdercoating is very durable. Still will have the best deal around though. Just give him a call.

So did you take the baffles on the underside of the valvecover off or did they ?

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    I can't quote prices off the top of my head, but I can almost guaranty that he will have the best price. On the other hand, if they are already powdercoated, it may be a bit extra to strip them since powdercoating is very durable. Still will have the best deal around though. Just give him a call.
    Hmmm...my race wheels are white which dosent go with my car at all, ive been thinking of either getting the spokes powder coated & polishing the lip, or polishing the whole thing. They seem to be regularly painted since the paint is chipping on some of them. I might be interested on what he could do for me on that...

Polishing an entire wheel is a helluva lot of work.....not sure if he does that.
    But as for any other combo of powdercoating & polishing, he's done some crazy looking stuff for people! You should see some of the sportbike wheels/parts he's done.

Polishing an entire wheel is a helluva lot of work.....not sure if he does that.
    But as for any other combo of powdercoating & polishing, he's done some crazy looking stuff for people! You should see some of the sportbike wheels/parts he's done.
    Yea I can see that being tough, maybee grayish silver spokes / polished lip?? Or gunmetal...

Slightly off-topic...

Hey majik, I forgot to get that cam cover from you yesterday before you left. Let me know what the next event you'll be at is, and I'll pick it up from you there, if you're still willing to loan me one.

Thanks!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

could we get a contact for this guy? id like to see how much powder coating some stock wheels and polishing the lip would run me...
    -AJ Ngo

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    could we get a contact for this guy? id like to see how much powder coating some stock wheels and polishing the lip would run me...
    There are two listed in this post which one do you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I took it to www.topkoat.com , right down the street from Mazda-Nissan Heaven in Mansfield.
    or
    Here's his number and website if you need any powder coating done. He also does ceremic coatings as well.

Paul's Powder Coating

469-688-0837

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    check my previous posts....Paul will be the best price, especially if you want the lip polished.

Paul's Powder Coating

469-688-0837

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12