Thread: Poker Run / Christmas in July! July 12-13

Suspension Modder

Default Poker Run / Christmas in July! July 12-13

Prelude for DFW Crew -

- We live in New Braunfels and the poker run will be through the hill country between New Braunfels and Austin.
    - Most likely we'll end the run where we did last year in Driftwood which is relatively close to I35 around Buda.
    - The Poker Run on Sunday will probably start between 9 and 10am and end early afternoon.
    - If you want to head down on Saturday feel free to crash at our place (see below) and feel free to show up anytime.
    - We all started out as strangers at some point so if you're up to meeting new people, taking a drive, and possibly winning some prizes, come on down!

We've begun the long process of scheduling, planning, and begging our awesome vendors for prizes for a Poker Run in July. We are also going to do Christmas in July so we can all break bread together.

Initial thoughts/theories...

- July 12th (Saturday) - Christmas in July at our condo. Bring a sleeping bag, air mattress, swim trunks/bathing suits, and an appetite. We'll cook up a full Christmas meal for everyone as well as enjoy the pool, etc. As always, show up anytime to hang out. We have plenty of floor space and a huge balcony for people to crash on before hitting the road for the Poker Run on Sunday.

- $20 maximum 'white elephant' gift for Christmas in July festivities.

- BYOB for Saturday.

- July 13th (Sunday) - Early start for a poker run through the hill country. It's going to be hot as hell and we've scoped out a few variations on the route. Probably going to revamp the route to end at a body of water i.e. Marble Falls so we can cool off as well as grab food and drink before parting ways.

- Open to all makes and models including awesome bikes. Yeah, I'm talking to you, Lime-Light!

- Stay tuned for updates, routes, and vendor participation!

Suspension Modder

Attendee List -

Saturday Christmas Dinner/Drunkfest/Skinny-Dipping/FnF Films/Strip Poker/Debauchery
    - GnR
    - ShadowMX5 +1
    - mx5_2nr +1
    - Lime-Light

Slumber Party
    - ShadowMX5 +1
    - Lime-Light

Sunday Poker Run by number of vehicles -
    1. GnR
    2. ShadowMX5
    3. ShadowMX5s GF
    4. mx5_2nr
    5. Lime-Light

Suspension Modder

Prizes!

I'll update as more vendors participate.

Thanks, Chris@Moss!
    Prizes are TBD at this time but Moss has committed to sponsoring this event! I'm working with her to coordinate paperwork, etc. In the meantime, thanks again! The last one wouldn't have been the success it was without our awesome sponsors!

Next up, from my good friend Adam, a set of NA or NB gauges!
    If you don't know, you should know! Check out the awesome selection of gauges and other goodies at his store! Someone is going to win a set of gauges for doing what you'd do on any given Sunday... drive!