Thread: Was in a wreck in my new, beloved car. WTB parts for my '97-M!

Default Was in a wreck in my new, beloved car. WTB parts for my '97-M!

Edit* I got everything I needed except:

Airbag NB2 Cover / Blown Airbag dashboard
    NB2 Front bumper cover
    NA Hardtop
    Last edited by andisval; 07-11-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Moved to classifieds.

Can you put a NB front/rear end on an NA? All of the pannels will be a bit off I believe... the fenders, hood, and rear deck all have different lines compared to the NA. It's not that it couldn't be done but I hope you're handy with body work...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I'm not - at all. May I show you a link?
    http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=258777
    This is what I hope to achieve! I'm going to buy an extra front bumper to play with. I'm also incredibly car illiterate, but I love learning!

Might talk to Rouge as he has already done this.

It may also help if you put what year your car is.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

It's a 97 M-edition, all OEM at the moment. I can't add this to my OP, so hopefully someone will see it.

Ah ok, just the lower half of the front end then? I thought you wanted to swap lights as well. That would require a new hood and new fenders (sounds like you need fenders any way). Good luck with your project. I wish I knew anything about custom body work...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Exactly! Beautiful, I think.

Thank you!…..couple more.
    GAP!

Hallett

That's totally awesome, great work. I plan to do exactly that! First though, I'm going to work on the interior stuff as I want to put in my sound system. Dash,Door Panels, Center,Nexus,Speakers I just bought, Rollbar, Windblocker, lighting upgrade, other bits here and there, but in that order. I can't wait! I do need to do that timing belt soon though. Geez. It's so daunting.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/4489707269.html

buy this guy's 97M ^^^ and use it as a parts car, then sell off the carcass (not mine, not affiliated).

cheers

Geez. Buy that one, install your goodies on it, and use the one you've got for a parts car instead.

Yeah - I actually messaged him a few moments before I saw this, haha. I would certainly consider it especially because he has the mudflaps too. $3,000 is a bit out of my budget though.

Quote Originally Posted by andisval View Post
    Yeah - I actually messaged him a few moments before I saw this, haha. I would certainly consider it especially because he has the mudflaps too. $3,000 is a bit out of my budget though.
    Sell off the unused parts and you'll probably get half of it back and your 97M will be better than when it was wrecked...is $1500 in your budget? Sometimes ya gotta spend money to make money.

Car is from the northeast so it has quarter panel rust but doesn't take away from the overall look of the car.
    Bet it has way more rust than just the quarter panels.

If you can see a little rust, then there is a bunch more you can't. Miata's don't rust gracefully. I'd run away from that car. I took one look and wouldn't even consider it for a flip, HT and all.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I took one look and wouldn't even consider it for a flip, HT and all.
    If OZMDD doesn't want it you know its bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    If you can see a little rust, then there is a bunch more you can't. Miata's don't rust gracefully. I'd run away from that car. I took one look and wouldn't even consider it for a flip, HT and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    If OZMDD doesn't want it you know its bad!!
    This is why I suggested the OP should buy it as a parts car and sell-off the carcass.

Looks like an auto, too.

I got everything except the na hardtop and an nb2 front bumper cover, lower half.