Thread: TX Region SCCA Solo Schedule Change

Default TX Region SCCA Solo Schedule Change

We’ve had to adjust the schedule a bit due to recent circumstances. I wanted to make sure that we still had a 9 event series for the year. So, event #6 is now event #5 and the remaining events will be numbered accordingly. Due to a conflict of schedule with TMS management, the event previously scheduled for Sept. 21st on the TMS Road Course is now going to be on the Bus Lot the same date. The Road Course event is now scheduled for Sept. 28th. The remaining events will be as scheduled.

Schedule recap:
    Event #5 – August 17 on the TMS Bus Lot
    Event #6 - September 21
    on the TMS Bus Lot
    Event #7 – September 28 on the TMS Road Course
    Event #8 – October 19 on the TMS Bus Lot
    Event #9 – November 16 on the TMS Bus Lot

Quick note about the TMS Road Course event:
    The Road Course event has 1 vital requirement for your entry into the event. You must have participated in 3 previous autocross events! These don’t have to be all SCCA events. Any of the other autocross group’s events prior to our event #7 at the Road Course count towards the required 3 event experience.

Why? Because we want to make sure you have had prior experience WORKING at an event before the Road Course event.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quick question; I'm doing my 1st SCCA Solo event this Sunday & plan on attending a NTAXS & SCCA event the weekend prior to the road course event. Will that give enough time to verify me working 3 events to qualify for the road course? I just want to make sure I could qualify for this event before I register for it.

I think you should definitely be required to attend the Equipe Rapide event on August 24th. Can I get a second on that motion?
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    I think you should definitely be required to attend the Equipe Rapide event on August 24th. Can I get a second on that motion?
    Funny you should mention that, I just saw that event & think it would fit into my schedule nicely. Will you be there I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudnik View Post
    Funny you should mention that, I just saw that event & think it would fit into my schedule nicely. Will you be there I assume?

That was just a joke but yes, I will be there. I think you will qualify for the road course with the three events you mentioned but you should verify with the SCCA guys. You are welcome to run with ER and we have instructors available to ride with you and for you to ride with them.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

If you paid for the entire season upfront and donated the last event money. Won't you owe for one race?

Quote Originally Posted by BatoLoco13 View Post
    If you paid for the entire season upfront and donated the last event money. Won't you owe for one race?
    If you paid for the Annual Registration for the 2014 Solo season and chose the option to donate your entry fee to the Memorial fund, you will not be charged any additional fee for the additional event. TX Region SCCA has decided to cover any of those entry fees from the Annual Registration.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Brad MSreg won't let me register for the TMS Road Course event...it says

"The registrar has restricted the classes available in a way that will not allow you to complete registration. Contact customer service at 415.462.5603 and we will help the organizer resolve the issue."

Any idea what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    We’ve had to adjust the schedule a bit due to recent circumstances. I wanted to make sure that we still had a 9 event series for the year. So, event #6 is now event #5 and the remaining events will be numbered accordingly. Due to a conflict of schedule with TMS management, the event previously scheduled for Sept. 21st on the TMS Road Course is now going to be on the Bus Lot the same date. The Road Course event is now scheduled for Sept. 28th. The remaining events will be as scheduled.

Schedule recap:
    Event #5 – August 17 on the TMS Bus Lot
    Event #6 - September 21
    on the TMS Bus Lot
    Event #7 – September 28 on the TMS Road Course
    Event #8 – October 19 on the TMS Bus Lot
    Event #9 – November 16 on the TMS Bus Lot

Quick note about the TMS Road Course event:
    The Road Course event has 1 vital requirement for your entry into the event. You must have participated in 3 previous autocross events! These don’t have to be all SCCA events. Any of the other autocross group’s events prior to our event #7 at the Road Course count towards the required 3 event experience.

Why? Because we want to make sure you have had prior experience WORKING at an event before the Road Course event.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Its probably because of the personality filter they added to the registration portal this year.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I think I know why....there is no way to select classing. I don't see the dropdown box for picking things like novice, X, and such.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I'll have Matt check into the problem.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]