Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #6, Guns and Hoses benefit. August 24th Lone Star Park

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #6, Guns and Hoses benefit. August 24th Lone Star Park

Equipe Rapide is proud to partner with Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas this year for our annual charity benefit. Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas offers assistance to the families of fallen policemen and firemen. http://www.gunsandhosesnorthtx.org.
    This year a team of 4 firemen coached by Steve and Sharon Eberlein and a team of 4 policemen coached by Phil Osborne will square off against each other on the autocross course. The team average time will decide the winner. Last year the competition was very close with the police team edging the fire team by only 0.001 seconds. Equipe Rapide will be donating 100% of the net proceeds to Guns and Hoses. We are also taking donations through PayPal using the button on our webpage. For a fun way to raise a little more cash we are offering cone forgiveness for $5 per cone. Prior to your next run you may pay $5 per cone to buy back any downed cone penalties. Competitors are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship and not intentionally take out certain cones to get an advantage which will result in a DNF. We encourage you to attend this event and bring some $5 bills.

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Let's get a good turnout for the annual charity event! Remember, this is the one event where you can legally buy-back cones when you have an otherwise-great run, since the proceeds all go to the charity, Guns and Hoses.
    This will be the last event at the awesome Lone Star Park site for this season, as it is not available once the horse races resume. Its big and fast, and rumor has it that Mark Wortham is designing the course!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Scott and I will be there. Trying out our Nationals Vinyl setup LOL
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

If I can talk my co-worker into working the convention for me on Saturday, I'll be there.

I noticed that there aren't any STS cars registered. Is that normal?
    Last edited by Nudnik; 08-19-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudnik View Post
    If I can talk my co-worker into working the convention for me on Saturday, I'll be there.

Am I missing something? The race is on Sunday!

I run in X class at ER. The Eberleins will often register at the site in STS if they attend.

I'll be there. I love all the Lone Star Park events. Great site!
    2004 Mazdaspeed Miata- Velocity Red (sold)

The event is on Sunday. There will be STS cars, I'm sure. We get a fair number of walk up registrations at ER.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BatoLoco13 View Post
    Am I missing something? The race is on Sunday!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    The event is on Sunday. There will be STS cars, I'm sure. We get a fair number of walk up registrations at ER.
    I know the race is on Sunday but I have 1 year old twins & a wife that I promised a "mommy day off" this weekend since she took them out of town last weekend while I wrenched & raced all weekend. If I work the convention Saturday & race on Sunday, I'll be sleeping on the couch Monday-Friday.

I'm in. My last event at Lone Star Park was bad so I am planning on redemption this week.
    Brian

Life is fun with the top down!

In! The cyclops S2000 will be rocking some new ultra top secret suspension upgrades. Plus, this time we'll make sure and have enough gas in the tank (the S2000 fuel tank/pump doesn't like left hand sweepers apparently).
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

We dont use a** ware. We will be there with 3 but i may not drive due to commits to the guns & hoses event.
    steve e

I want to thank you all who have already donated to the Guns and Hoses Foundation using the donate button on our website. If you would like to donate cash to the foundation then we have several options for you. 1. Donate via PayPal using the donate button on our website www.equiperapide.com. 2. Donate cash on site "stuff the boot". 3. Register for the event. Your entry fees will be donated. 4. Participate in cone forgiveness during the event. You can buy back cones for $5 each. Remember to bring plenty of $5 bills with you. 5. Donate your Rapide PAX winnings. Over the last few years our competitors have been gracious enough to donate all the Rapide PAX winnings to the charity. We are hoping for a good turnout at the event and your participation will help us write a big check to The Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost

Chassis Designer

My lazy a&& hasn't done anything and the car is so under-prepped. Now that we got all the excuses out of the way...what class would my car be in?

2003 Miata Base with open diff, leaky engine and transmission and may die at the course. Only mods are shorty intake and MSM stock suspension.

STR
    Polished Turd Racing

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    STR
    Thanks OZMDD. Does ER still do the thing where you can buy extra runs/more seat time or am I tripping?

Assistance required:
    I'm trying to register by going to event calendar, create a new account and when I put in information on the first page, it wipes out the username (S2K_MoZo) and stays on that page without any errors. Any clue as to why? I've also tried s2kmozo and other usernames.

Update:
    I tried chrome and internet explorer both. No errors in console either. How can I debug this issue?
    Last edited by S2K_MoZo; 08-20-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Troubleshooting account creation.

At this event, you can buy back cones. Way back when, you could slap that R on the side of your car for your Rapide PAX runs but they got rid of that last year.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

"Way back when". At one time we did have multiple entries per driver and purchase additional runs. We don't do that any more. Everyone gets the same number of runs now.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by S2K_MoZo View Post
    what class would my car be in?

leaky engine and transmission and may die at the course.
    CP.

Quote Originally Posted by S2K_MoZo View Post
    what class would my car be in?

2003 Miata Base with open diff, leaky engine and transmission and may die at the course. Only mods are shorty intake and MSM stock suspension.
    ICU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast