Thread: 1993 fails inspection

Default 1993 fails inspection

1993 fails state inspection. I took the car to North Town Miata with the inspection report (since they cannot inspect the car due to it's age). It cost me $240. I take the car back to have it reinspected and it fails. Where can I take the car that can do the inspection and fix the car at one place.

Well this changes my other post a bit. Didn't realize you already failed.

What caused the failure??

CEL? Emissions?
    Give us some more info and we might be able to help

FWIW, I feel you pain. Went to 5 different shops today for my 95. One was closed, two could not do 95-older, two had the dyno but it was broke. Last shop said there "machine" should be fixed Monday or Tuesday.

B.

Dynos are almost never broken, just a bs excuse for not doing those inspections. They are required by law to do them, but can lie. I've talked to a inspector that says the trick is to go on a weekday during the middle of the month. They make no money on them since they take longer, so won't do them at the beginning/end of the month when its busy, or on weekends.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

There is an inspections only place on independence and Parker in Plano. It's only $40 and they do obd1 cars. I take my car there every year. It's hard to find places to inspect obd1 cars. They always try to get out of it by saying their machines are broken or not ready.
    "When life hands you lemons, Paint that SH!T Gold!!"

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Dynos are almost never broken, just a bs excuse for not doing those inspections.
    I watched the guys try to get theirs working at one place for 45 minutes. It wasn't the dyno that was the problem, it was the sniffer machine. They might have been ignorant, but they weren't lying. That's some broad stokes you're painting.

FWIW, I always had good service at the AAA Inspection location in Carrollton, on Keller Springs. They only do inspections, no repairs, but I've never had them tell me they couldn't inspect an OBD1 car, and if you fail, they're pretty good about letting you know what you need to fix in order to pass.
    Oh, well I've got two sevens, and two sevens beats a frush.

I got mine done this year at the Valvoline on Josey and Hebron in Carrollton. They are only required to let you do one re-test, but I got four tests after only paying once, and they didn't bicker about doing it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    What caused the failure??
    This is what needs to be known. First, What did Mazda charge $240 for? 2nd, what does the paperwork from the inspection place say? High NOX? Evap? Carbon? That will help people be able to help you.

Good luck.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I don’t know why you did not pass, but on the sniffer test you always want the cat nice and hot.

OP's Last Activity 09-13-2014 04:58 AM I don't think we are going to find out why it failed....