Thread: good place to get turbo kit install

Suspension Modder

Default good place to get turbo kit install

I saw a complete fm kit for sale, and I am thinking about buying it. It comes with everything including hydra. I don't think I will have any problems with installing it except for the ecu. I guess I would have to bring it to the shop to get it installed. Do you know any good place to have turbo kit installed, and how much it would cost? Thanks

Not sure who installs turbo kits locally for a Miata. I'd make sure that the kit you are looking at really is complete and compatible with your car. Keep in mind that once you yank the factory computer getting your annual inspection is going to be difficult as your OBDII car must talk to the inspection station computer. At a minimum get your car inspected right before installing the turbo to give yourself 12 months to find a solution.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Flyin96M speaks from experience...if you can't do it all yourself just go a different route. Passing inspection will be a beating every year.
    2000 Miata LS - TEIN FLEX, RB header & Exhaust, Monster CAI, HDHC single diagonal with door bars.

Or buy a 1990 Miata and never worry about inspections again, assuming it passes safety.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I can't wait for 2021 so we can get rid of the inspection dyno at work, it's really in the way.