Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Time Trial at MSR Sun 10/5

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Can you stay off the line on your second lap so the oil will not hold up the event as much?
    I'll just put the oil on your tires.

I plan to have breakfast at the Whataburger off 377 at I-20 from 6:00 to 6:30 in case anyone wants to join me.

FTD and best lap on Hankook C91 - 65.208

Fastest street tire lap on RS3
    M3 is always the answer.

Miata lap video before I broke it again.

Going for the big O, almost got there with a 65.3. Not sure if this was the lap, as it got waved off for timing issues, but it was close.
    Last edited by Webspoke; 10-07-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: tring to fix video link

Data analysis can be an exercise in frustration.

Best rolling lap was my 65.2 until I blew the last turn. Could have been a 64.8 except lost it in the last sector (toilet bowl).

Best theoretical lap could have been a 63.9. This is the best of each sector.

What does this mean? I am not driving constantly throughout each lap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    M3 is always the answer.

What software will analyze a racelogic file on Mac?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    What software will analyze a racelogic file on Mac?
    Not sure. Bootcamp and install Windows.
    M3 is always the answer.

Never mind, got the software to work on my old netbook. Its too slow to load the video on, but it recognized the track by GPS data. Sadly, even with my best sectors from all 6 laps, I only pick up a half second for a 74.8. After reviewing the video, my lines are awful, braking too early, too much, not carrying good speed through the corners, etc. Its really obvious I haven't been on a track in almost a year.
    Polished Turd Racing

So, my datalogger shows that I had peak latG's of 1.109 several times. That seems like a decent number for 195/15 street tires on a 6.5" wheel, but it didn't feel all that grippy on track. I assume I must have left a lot of time out there if I was able to get grip like that at times, even if i wasn't holding the line to keep that grip. Anyone feel liek they can analyze my data and tell me anything more from it?
    Polished Turd Racing

So, my datalogger shows that I had peak latG's of 1.109 several times. That seems like a decent number for 195/15 street tires on a 6.5" wheel, but it didn't feel all that grippy on track. I assume I must have left a lot of time out there if I was able to get grip like that at times, even if i wasn't holding the line to keep that grip. Anyone feel liek they can analyze my data and tell me anything more from it?
    Most all data loggers put out lateral g numbers that are not accurate. They pick up the body roll and interpret that as lateral g. More body roll, more g's. Even a stiffly sprung car will read quite optimisticly.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Most all data loggers put out lateral g numbers that are not accurate. They pick up the body roll and interpret that as lateral g. More body roll, more g's. Even a stiffly sprung car will read quite optimisticly.
    The numbers are still valuable from a consistency/comparison perspective though. If you graph it, it will let you judge whether on any given corner there might have been more available.

thx
    Polished Turd Racing

Here is my best am lap of 1:15.5. Its been so long since I ran a fwd car on the track that I would like to get feedback on what y'all see. I can spot a ton of mistakes, but I'm sure there are things I'm not seeing too.
    Polished Turd Racing

Here is my best am lap of 1:15.5. Its been so long since I ran a fwd car on the track that I would like to get feedback on what y'all see. I can spot a ton of mistakes, but I'm sure there are things I'm not seeing too.
    0:30 - Cut distance here. In a momentum car there is no reason to use the whole width of the track.
    1:05 - Use the whole track width here (entry and exit) to carry every ounce of speed you can.
    1:24 - Run a tighter line through the sweeper to save distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    0:30 - Cut distance here. In a momentum car there is no reason to use the whole width of the track.
    1:05 - Use the whole track width here (entry and exit) to carry every ounce of speed you can.
    1:24 - Run a tighter line through the sweeper to save distance.
    I agree and would add too early on the turn in at :41.
    M3 is always the answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12