Thread: Ford Is Bringing The Focus RS Stateside

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Ford Is Bringing The Focus RS Stateside

Much anticipation and hand wringing on the webs (re: AWD or not). Lots of pics, renderings and spyshots ranging from cool to fugly. If they can do AWD for under 35k, I might be tempted. Current Ferd is still a hoot daily.

Yay torque steer
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Got this email yesterday...

The Ford Focus RS has been announced and will hit the US Market with all four wheels turning, and FocusRS.org is LIVE!
    On the heels of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday, Ford proudly proclaimed, "Speed at last. Speed at last. Thank God Almighty, Speed at last!" Okay, well maybe they didn't say those words, but I would like to think that they had his words in their minds as they announced early this month that the wonderful hot hatch from Ford, the Focus RS, will be available to every man, woman, and child in lands far and wide.

The new car will be powered by a slightly modified Mustang Ecoboost engine, will feature both an updated interior, complete with Recaro buckets, and an updated exterior, and all four of the wheels will provide propulsion. This little rocket is going to get a twin-scroll turbo and will hopefully crank out north of 350 horse powers from the 2.3 liter power plant. The power will be routed to all four wheels by a proper 6-speed hand shaker, and all of those torques will be vectored so that you can bias the drive to fit your driving style. Some are saying that you can get as much as 70% of the power to the rear wheels if you so desire to kick that rear end out for some "controlled drifts." Ford mentions those things pretty heavily in their releases, so we are expecting a "lively" feel in the steering wheel.
    Now for the purpose of this email: Not only did Ford announce the new car, but we decided that, in celebration that the RS is coming Stateside, we needed to launch a little site specifically for the all new Focus RS. FocusRS.org is your one-stop-shop for all things having to do with the RS. We are in the construction phase and getting in on the ground floor will allow you to get those low, low, Founding Member numbers! We are sub-100 right now, so if you think that you might like to be driving an RS next year, get in while the getting in is good! Registration is a snap. Follow this link and get your name added to our exclusive member list:
    http://www.focusrs.org/forum/register.php

We are covering all of the latest news on the front page as it comes available, and believe you me, there is a lot of reading to be done right now! The RS is going to be a big hit, we think:
    http://www.focusrs.org/index.php

As we get closer to the actual launch date, we will be fleshing out the forums even further to cover modifications and the full range of discussion topics.
    Cheers,
    FocusRS.org Staff
    A Forum Run BY Enthusiasts, FOR Enthusiasts

You're getting ANOTHER Ford??
    1995 M Edition

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Maybe!

Sticker $?
    Gabriel

Tempting. It's the ST's older brother.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Hi sammm,

2016 Ford Focus RS Power Numbers Confirmed!

Yesterday was a red-letter day for us here in FocusRS land. The official numbers were released by FoMoCo and they are AMAZING! Everything that I was hoping for. The 2.3 liter EcoBoost engine will be churning out 345 horsepower and delivering that power, along with a near-square, 346 lb-ft of torque. There are several threads buzzing about this one, and here is a link to one:
    http://www.focusrs.org/forum/2-news/...bs-torque.html
    With this bit of news, are you planning on taking the plunge? Be sure to get in to our FocusRS Purchasing section and discuss your negotiation tactics with everyone else that plans on getting an RS. The section is here:
    http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing
    We still don't have a lot of information, but hopefully the Release Date and the pricing will trickle out to the public soon. I have been watching this thread closely to get the first news of it:
    http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus...ease-date.html
    If you haven't made the commitment to the RS site just yet, we have you covered with discussion on the ST.org site as well. All of the Focus RS topics are here:
    http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-rs-chat/
    Speaking of the ST site, if you are going to stick with your ST and not move on to the RS, I am sure that you will be taking those savings and putting them in to your beloved ST. Check in with our fantastic site vendors to see if they have the parts that you are looking for! Support the ones that support you:
    http://www.focusst.org/forum/st-supporting-vendors/
    Cheers,
    FocusST.org
    A Forum Run BY Enthusiasts, FOR Enthusiasts
    Last edited by sammm; 06-26-2015 at 04:58 PM.

This car looks very, very tempting.

Actually, I really want a GT350R, but I can't afford one. This on the other hand...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

My wife may have a hard time understanding why she needs her wagon to turn into a Focus...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Can it pull a trailer...... I could make this the work vehicle and trade in the expedition.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    This car looks very, very tempting.

Actually, I really want a GT350R, but I can't afford one. This on the other hand...
    This is probably going to be around 40. GT350 will be 47, not a big difference but the R is 61. All 3 cars will be a bargain from a performance stand point (assuming you can get any of them at sticker or less)

I'm thinking about getting one for a daily beater.
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 06-30-2015 at 07:29 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car