Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Festival Club Trials - TX Region SCCA 1/17/15 MSR Cresson

Default Winter Festival Club Trials - TX Region SCCA 1/17/15 MSR Cresson

I signed up for the SCCA Club Trials event next weekend at Cresson. It's a time trial event, so it is an actual competition versus a standard track day. The weather looks good, so consider joining me.

More info at http://texasscca.org/soloautocross.

I wish I could but the Miata goes back to Oklahoma State University this Sunday.....

Hmp. Stupid EKK.

Bummer! Would love to. Leaving on a business trip tomorrow and won't be back until the night of the 16th. And, the head's off the car (again). 1:25.219 is my time on the 1.7CCW. Apparently, that's fast enough to eat intake valves.

TX Region SCCA Club Trials, January 17, 2015 at Motorsport Ranch Cresson.

This is a Club Trials (PDX Level 2) event per SCCA time trial rules. All participants will have to use a transponder. The entry fee is $125 if you have your own transponder*, $175 if you need to rent one. If you haven't been previously signed off to drive on track solo, we will provide an instructor for your first session.

*Your AMB transponder must be compatible with timing system. If you're not sure, please email Matt Lucas for clarification.

Registration ends in 5 days on January 14, 2015 11:59 PM CST.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...5#.VLFst2eBGHs
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Weather is looking good!

Chassis Designer

I'd like to attend this event but I've never run with SCCA before and am not familiar with their rules. What is involved in obtaining a license? Any problems getting it done before Saturday?

My current tires are played out and I'm just about to order some new ones. Not much available in 225/45-15 right now so I'm probably going to get some Toyo RA1s, but they're tread wear 100. I know I won't be competitive no matter which class I run, but I don't want to be any more in the way than I have to be. How will these tires affect classing?

Chassis Designer

One more question. Roll bar required?

Here are the basics
    Club Trial Rules and form pdf

More information about what year car you have might help. Do you have a Hard top?

Chassis Designer

Thanks for the help. Link says that convertibles need a roll bar if no factory rollover protection is afforded. But then this line: "Vehicles that are in compliance with road race, solo, rally or time trial rules are allowable." I'm unfamiliar with the rulesets for any of those so I don't know if my car will be allowed with no roll bar.

Car is a '94. No hard top.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...as-solo-205645

The link above has a contact email address. They can tell you or connect you to the people that make the decision.

The event is not risk free. You may want to consider the risk of running without a roll bar.

As general default said, its worth thinking about how hard you plan to push it. I plan to run in a HT car without a roll bar, but I also do not plan to be at 10/10ths. It is a newer car for me and I haven't spent much time in it, so I don't know all of its quirks at speed. I would be more willing to drive closer to my limits if I had a roll bar AND knew the car well. I'm familiar with this track, but that should also be a consideration when evaluating the risk.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

You know the old saying...If you can't afford to walk away from it, don't race it. Personal safety should take precedence over that.

Anyone here able to explain how the classing will work? Are the lap times indexed, similar to PAX, or is it just raw times within each class, like open classes at autox?
    Polished Turd Racing

The weather looks like it will be sunny and warm, finally. I think I'll come out and do a little spectating!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    The weather looks like it will be sunny and warm, finally. I think I'll come out and do a little spectating!
    You should try a little driving!

I really want to come shake-down the SC Miata, but I think I'm going to end up using the day for garage work and finishing the NA I'm building-up for a customer. Between the other things that I need to do and the cost to do the Club Trial w/ a transponder, it doesn't seem to be in the cards.
    Polished Turd Racing

I will be dining at the Whataburger on 377 just south of I-20 from about 5:30-6:00 AM if anyone wants to join me for breakfast.

Stupid ear infection is keeping me from going.
    M3 is always the answer.

I wanted to do this, but it's my daughter's birthday party this weekend so couldn't pull it off. Have a blast guys and gals, weather looks great. Can't wait to hear how it goes. -- DA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast