Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCA event @ TMS 4/18....

Well how did you kids do on Sunday? Was it windy enough for ya!

I had a great time...first AX is years. I started out at 75.3 and ended up with a 72.4. There were several guys doing better than that. Seems Iain had a 69.xx and another guy (Joe?) was in or near the 60s. Seems there were 6 or more Miatas there. Anybody got more info. It usually takes 24-48hrs for the results to be posted on the Mav website, so I haven't checked yet.

Enjoyed seeing you guys out there. Sorry I vanished after the event...I had been there since 6:45am and wanted out.

Maniac Mitch

It was a pretty good event, all things considered.

I ended up with a 68.2, which I think was good enough for 2nd place in OJ, Joe ended up with a 69.4 (on Azenis!), and JRW had a 70.0, I think. The course was a lot of fun, although there were two 150+ yard straights that gave the horsepower cars a distinct advantage overall - FTD was a (well driven) mildly modified Pontiac Firehawk (with a high 65-second time, iirc), if that gives you any indication. I finished less than a second behind Gabby's STi, and I'd be willing to bet I lost most of that time on the two straights to Gabby's superior acceleration.

There were some timing issues in the first set of morning runs, and coupled with over 70 drivers, we only ended up with 6 runs overall instead of the usual 8. Still, the course was a lot of fun, (even if Charlie got a little carried away with his new cones), and we were packed up and leaving the event site by about 4pm.

The MIA award for the event goes to Flyin96M, who decided not to come out after all. Where were you, buddy?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, Flyin96M would have loved those 150+ yard straights. I short shifted into 3rd on those two straights...think I got to 62mph. I bet that blue Firebird got to 85mph if he didn't spin his tires too much!

I don't remember the Firebird beating Chuck Machula's time...guess we'll see when they post the results on their web-site.

Maniac Mitch

One other note from the PCA event:

At the end of the day, JRW and I were examining the V710s on the trailer, and he noticed that my two front tires were showing very mild signs of splice separation. Thankfully, the replacement Ecsta V700s are sitting in the garage, so the V710s will be going back to Kumho this week. Which is too bad, as I really liked those tires.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Well the plan was to attend and I even worked on my honey do list on Saturday. Sunday came and I woke up bright and early at 9:00 AM Well that should tell you right there that I forgot to set my alarm and thus missed the event by a long shot. I had accused the wife of turning it off since I know how much she enjoys it when I leave for the entire day She of course denid the whole thing and then proceded to hand me my NEW list

I promise I will make it to more events, after all I really enjoy the PCA and S2000 guys events. No comment on the other two groups.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

so when is teh next PCA event? :)

Soudns like I shoudl come play too!
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

This link will get you their full AX and Time-Trial schedule. http://www.pca.org/mav/Events/Autocr...hedule2004.htm

If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Maniac Mitch

I had a ton fun too. Although my time was not competitive by a long shot. I did drop my time by 6 seconds by the last run. I think it was my best event so far. I really like Charlie's design, which was exactly what he taught me in the PCA school.
    Gabriel

Hey Maniac,
    Maybe its just me, but I would have thought uploading an electronic file (such as autox times) to a website would be an easy/quick task.

That event was great fun, I will definitely make more of the PCA events this year.

joe.MIATA (who's grasshopper is not so patient.....)

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    Hey Maniac,
    Maybe its just me, but I would have thought uploading an electronic file (such as autox times) to a website would be an easy/quick task.

That event was great fun, I will definitely make more of the PCA events this year.

It's not the uploading... It's the poor bastards that have to check the times and penalties in the computer against the times and penalties written down... I'm sure they'd be glad to have your assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Hey Maniac,

It's not the uploading... It's the poor bastards that have to check the times and penalties in the computer against the times and penalties written down... I'm sure they'd be glad to have your assistance!
    OK- I'm sure any help is good help, right?. Sign me up.

I doubt it's very hard to upload the times, but the only guy that can do it (James Shoffit) is or at least was out of town. He wasn't at the Sunday event and we had a meeting Tues night about how the event went and he wasn't there and wasn't due back in town right away.

We have a list of about 20 things we need to change before the Porsche national event in July. There will be about 300 cars over 3 days at that event...needless to say, the processes have to be well developed.

Maniac Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac Mitch
    I doubt it's very hard to upload the times, but the only guy that can do it (James Shoffit) is or at least was out of town. He wasn't at the Sunday event and we had a meeting Tues night about how the event went and he wasn't there and wasn't due back in town right away.

We have a list of about 20 things we need to change before the Porsche national event in July. There will be about 300 cars over 3 days at that event...needless to say, the processes have to be well developed.

Maniac Mitch
    Copy that.

Thanks, Maniac

Look what showed up....RESULTS . Enjoy.

http://www.pca.org/mav/Autocross//20...s/20040418.htm
    That's odd. It was working and accurate last night.....?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Look what showed up....RESULTS . Enjoy.

http://www.pca.org/mav/Autocross//20...s/20040418.htm
    That's odd. It was working and accurate last night.....?
    Link worked for me just now.

Interesting results. A Boxster S took TTD, not one of the "faster" Porsche models. And they let SUVs run ...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Interesting results. A Boxster S took TTD, not one of the "faster" Porsche models. And they let SUVs run ...
    They let SUVs play!

So does that mean I can run my Expedition? That would be cool since I always run it with the top up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    FTD belongs to a Boxster- (NO 'S')...Chuck Machala. That's impressive to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast