Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #5 June 28, 2015. Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    They are working now.
    interesting results, as the top 10-20 is very momentum-car heavy, other than KenO and Dusold. With no tight corners and only the vertical gates at start and finish to slow us down, the low-power cars were able to take advantage. No places for power cars to gain an advantage. For me, the entire back section was flat-out in 3rd gear down the hill; never done a slalom in 3rd before, to my recollection. Definitely different, and very fast.

Awesome work by the course workers throughout the day, keeping track of a very spread-out course.
    But the fastest Miata there was a FI Miata. And the fastest raw time was a big power car.
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 06-29-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

We did not run the course posted. The course we ran really didn't have a good flow to it. The slow elements seem to be there just to slow you down but not really challenge you. The bad straight was really just a LONG slalom with a chicane, just to slow you down. Maybe we should run the course posted at the BMW event on July 18.

M3 is always the answer.

I'm happy to provide you the .ppt of the posted course. You can tweak it as you like and run it at BMW. I'll definitely attend, as I'm anxious to give it a try.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

JoJo, of course the fastest raw times came from power cars; physics didn't stop working. However, the margin between those cars and the 120hp civics and miatas was surprisingly small. Note that Grant ran in the 59's too. When Madarash finishes 20th (granted he was on old tires and working out some changes on the new suspension), it shows that something different was taking place. To me, it was the easiest autox course I've ever run. Fun? Yes. Challenging? Not at all.
    Polished Turd Racing

Chassis Designer

Also interested to run the posted course at some point. I made the call on Saturday to make the long drive based on the course that was posted. Still had fun....better than sitting on my dead butt watching NASCAR race the infield.
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

I'd go to the BMW event if they run the course that was posted earlier.

In other news, OMG BOSS 302 IS FUN AS HELL.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Also interested to run the posted course at some point. I made the call on Saturday to make the long drive based on the course that was posted. Still had fun....better than sitting on my dead butt watching NASCAR race the infield.
    That NASCAR race at Sonoma was actually entertaining as hell. I caught the last 20 laps, it was close the whole way. Wish I could say that about F1 this year.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

My best clean run, 61.702. Had a 61.6 that ended up with a late cone call. hold on to your hats, the sensation of speed is staggering.

Polished Turd Racing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12