Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #7 August 16, Lone Star Park

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #7 August 16, Lone Star Park

Please join us for Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #7 on August 16 at Lone Star Park. Online registration is open. You can get more information on the event and registration at our website. www.equiperapide.com

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Maybe, I have a some friends what want to give it a try for the first time.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

looks like I get to make this event after all! Mini is at the dealer, trolling for codrives...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    looks like I get to make this event after all! Mini is at the dealer, trolling for codrives...
    You are welcome to run with me.
    Andy Cost

We now have live timing running. Go to the website on your mobile device and get results updated every minute.

erlive.autocross.com
    Andy Cost

Thank you Jeffrey Walker for letting us use your phone as a hot spot for the live timing. All this time I knew you were good for something I just hadn't figured out what.

Results:

http://autocross.com/er/2015results/cc15_7_final.htm

http://autocross.com/er/2015results/cc15_7_pax.htm
    Andy Cost

This is only my 2nd ER event of the year. But the work run order had me a bit perplexed. There seemed to be enough bodies for 3 separate heats. Why are we still running events like there are only 50 entrants?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

This was something the PCA folks wanted to try out. I agree that traditional 3 or 4 heat plan is better for this many entries. It will be discussed at the next BOD meeting. Feel free to drop in and put in your $0.02 in favor of 3/4 heats.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    This was something the PCA folks wanted to try out. I agree that traditional 3 or 4 heat plan is better for this many entries. It will be discussed at the next BOD meeting. Feel free to drop in and put in your $0.02 in favor of 3/4 heats.
    Mike, I have an extremely busy work week. Any proxy votes available? Can I lobby my local ER rep?
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

Put me down for the 3 heat format proxy vote. It would not affect me that much because I usually do setup, but I think it would be much easier on the course workers. Down side is that to would add a little time to the event with more course worker changes.

Three heats makes for a long work heat, especially in this heat. I rather liked the format on Sunday. Put me down for keeping the current format when there are enough participants.

Lol, proxy votes from the peanut gallery.

We are trying new things to limit the time we are out in the heat. By doing the split heat format you can give everyone some off time to cool down and get a bite to eat. This is very similar to the NTAXS or Pro-Solo format where a run group takes all their runs and then is done for a while. It also eliminates the need for a break.

As as far as work time goes, the workers ended up doing two 1 hour shifts instead of 1 two hour shift. This is much better in my opinion because they can get in the shade and rest for a while.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Three heats makes for a long work heat, especially in this heat. I rather liked the format on Sunday. Put me down for keeping the current format when there are enough participants.
    I meant that we would have 6 total heats as opposed to 4. Work, run, rest repeat. The work time would be shorter, but add a little time to the event for worker change.

I think that’s what ratt_finkel meant also.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Just giving honest feedback on what people are thinking. Me and ratt_finkel are not the only ones not crazy about the split heats

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post

We are trying new things to limit the time we are out in the heat. By doing the split heat format you can give everyone some off time to cool down and get a bite to eat. This is very similar to the NTAXS or Pro-Solo format where a run group takes all their runs and then is done for a while. It also eliminates the need for a break.

As as far as work time goes, the workers ended up doing two 1 hour shifts instead of 1 two hour shift. This is much better in my opinion because they can get in the shade and rest for a while.
    Andy, except there isn't time to do any of that. We had 3 drivers in one car. It was rush rush rush the whole time. Work my ass off. And then go drive. Wipe the sweat off and do it again. And I heard from the other two driver cars that they too had no time to recover between running and working.

Is there a reason we can't vote on this?

The math is out there on how long it takes to run 50, 100, 150 and more entrants in a day. I'd argue that the traditional 3 heat format is similar in overall time to the 2 heat Ab, Ab format we have been running in some form for the past 6 years.
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I meant that we would have 6 total heats as opposed to 4. Work, run, rest repeat. The work time would be shorter, but add a little time to the event for worker change.

I think that’s what ratt_finkel meant also.
    No, 6 heats is way too much.
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

Your feedback is always appreciated. ER is a corporation and actual voting on policy and procedure is limited to board members. We do allow non-board members to attend our meetings and make proposals and presentations. If you have an idea for the perfect run-work arrangement then I encourage you to attend a board meeting and submit your proposal. Board meetings are on the Tuesday prior to each event usually at Marshall's BBQ on Rosemeade in Carrollton or at Alfredo's in Lewisville. You can email me for more details on the time and location if you would like to attend.

I definitely don't want to downplay your legitimate critique of the event operation. We do want to make our events the best experience possible. I only LOL'd because we have a dedicated group of board members that spend countless hours making every event happen and we won't undermine their hard work by pandering to a few off the cuff "If I were in charge" remarks on the internet.

So in conclusion, If you want something specific then bring a specific proposal to the board to be discussed.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost

I'd also add that 3 driver cars aren't even allowed at most clubs in a single heat. Sometimes those folks just need to run in a different class. We accommodate it whenever possible, but its not a guarantee. Trying new things is the best way we know to evolve our events to work for the largest number of attendees. We are happy to have our current challenge of providing 6+ runs at every event, even when attendance is consistently above 90 drivers, often well into the 120's.

We are not done tweaking, and ideas are always welcomed.
    Polished Turd Racing

The math doesn't make any sense on this.

If you have 100 drivers. You can split them up in 4 x 25 in two heats as we did Sunday. You run 3 runs in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. So you work twice. At 20 second intervals between cars you come up with 50 minutes each session or 100 minutes in total. That doesn't include the extra time between heat A1 and Heat A2 switch.

With 3 heats you run 33 cars with 6 runs. Using the same 20 second intervals you work 67 minutes.

So the choice is work twice at 50 plus a little twice or put in just another 17 minutes and be done for the day.

Since I'm on the setup crew where we work from 6:30 to 9:00 I'm not worried about which heat system to use. However the math says 3 heats is way better.

When this new format was announced a couple of events ago it was sold as less time on grid. Which it does do. Instead of sitting in grid for 67 minutes you are out in 30. Not sure why we want to save time in grid. Most people enjoy the time in grid. It gives them time to adjust on their cars. Cool down the engine and tires. Talk to other drivers to get tips. Plus you are trying to turn everyone into X drivers by making us drive in 3 run intervals. It takes me longer to get a feel for the course. I need time to evaluate my runs on my logger before I go out again. If it's a heat issue. You always have the choice of rolling up your windows and turning on the air. The guys spending twice as much time out in the sun fetching cones don't have that option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast