Thread: September Date added for Track Night in America @ MSR

Default September Date added for Track Night in America @ MSR

1995 M Edition

Note that it is on a Monday (my heaviest teaching day!). I'll sadly have to miss.

Hmmm. I'm already taking that day off to recover from a weekend at Hallett.

I really want to make on of these but once again I will be out of town.
    M3 is always the answer.

From the coordinator!

Hey Dallas Track Nighters!

You asked for it and we delivered! Track Night is coming back to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson on September 14th! We've had some scorchers this season for sure, but as you all know, September Texas weather is perfect track weather. There's still plenty of room in each group so click the link below to reserve your spot for our final Texas event of 2015. You love your car, right? Why not let it have one last summer fling with the track? We'll be back in 2016 for more Track Night in America, but you should definitely come on over and get your track time fix before we go into the off-season!

Go to
    http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1980530-track-night-dallas-south-copy

to register for September 14th!

Have fun out there!
    -India

--
    India BoundsChampions Program Coordinator
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Hmmm might try this

My best run, and first time ever on R-comps on the Mini. I'll mention the typical caveat (excuse) about being on old (and mismatched) tires, but they were surprisingly grippy once hot. I never did get confident with the limits, and the rears were very unpredictable, but I was still 2 seconds faster than my last TNiA at MSR which was on fresh-ish RS3's. As should be obvious from the video, there are a lot of mistakes and time left on the table, but I'm open to feedback from those with more race tire experience than myself.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Here's a 1:25 that might give you some ideas:

Very nice. Thanks.
    Polished Turd Racing

More Miata 1:25.X (street tire following r-comp)

I run the e x a c t same line as these fast times but I'm slower, like Mike.
    So the big difference I see in the faster laps (thanks for the videos!) is that the car is running in a higher RPM range than my street car that needs to drive me 2 hours hours home at the end of the event.
    Both Miata laps are super smooth but the engines / aren't having to "work up to" top speed. Gearing could be a big element, too.
    Thanks for the videos.
    Track Night in America/Cresson was a huge hit!
    More in 2016
    Paul

Nathan and I both drove our street-legal cars to the track. I'm local (Granbury), but I think Nathan came a fair distance.

As for Nathan's "street tire" (BFG Rival) vs. "R-Comp" (Maxxis RC-1) snipe . . . here you go . . . http://www.turnzero.com/technical_re...cuse_generator.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I've also driven all of my cars to/from the track every event I've run.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I run the e x a c t same line as these fast times but I'm slower, like Mike.
    So the big difference I see in the faster laps (thanks for the videos!) is that the car is running in a higher RPM range than my street car that needs to drive me 2 hours hours home at the end of the event.
    Both Miata laps are super smooth but the engines / aren't having to "work up to" top speed. Gearing could be a big element, too.
    Thanks for the videos.
    Track Night in America/Cresson was a huge hit!
    More in 2016
    Paul
    Mine is a heavy street car. 2630 lbs NB with me in it. Those tires were 2013 vintage 205 wide Rivals and past their prime. And drive from North Plano.

From what I see, everybody is braking too much.