Thread: Cabins in Arkansas or Oklahoma;

Default Cabins in Arkansas or Oklahoma;

Anybody have any recommendations for decent priced weekend getaway cabins in the Oklahoma/Arkansas area? Something maybe 4 hours away with decent scenery and good driving roads? Thanks in advance!
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

We enjoyed a cabin in Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas several years ago. Very pretty, some hiking, and peaceful.

Not sure about cabins but this place is awesome……I would love to make a fall trip up there.
    http://www.queenwilhelmina.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Not sure about cabins but this place is awesome……I would love to make a fall trip up there.
    There are cool roads in that area. That lodge is always booked far in advance I believe.
    (I didn't mean to post in classifieds. Sorry. )
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Check out Mt. Nebo. It's cooler, (2,000 feet up) like Queen Wilhelmina, quieter, and just plain neat. Not far from a bazillion driving roads, and puts you in easy lunchtime reach of Eureka Springs if you so desire.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    used to do day trips to the queen yearly on bikes for lunch. never stayed the night. Last I checked it was closed for remodeling. Imagine its finished by now. need to get back.
    '92 LS3

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
    ...Last I checked it was closed for remodeling. Imagine its finished by now. need to get back.
    Yep, finished and opened this summer.

http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/park-...s/default.aspx
    Jason McDaniel

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Tanner Springs in Arkansas was great many years ago and near the Rockefeller Auto Museum.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Late to the party but check out Broken Bow in OK.......close to D/FW and very nice.
    http://www.beaversbendmarina.com/?page_id=185

For future reference the wife and I have a place outside of Mt. Ida AR. A couple of folks could sleep in the quest quarters when we don't have company or you can pitch a tent. We have a full bath and kitchen area.

Anyway if we're up there we don't mind having some folks stop by. Nice roads north of there.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DFW10AE View Post
    For future reference the wife and I have a place outside of Mt. Ida AR. A couple of folks could sleep in the quest quarters when we don't have company or you can pitch a tent. We have a full bath and kitchen area.

Anyway if we're up there we don't mind having some folks stop by. Nice roads north of there.

Dave
    Wow, that's quite the first post! How often are you up there? Welcome to the forum!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles