Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #9(Mirrorcross) Sunday October 11th Mineral Wells

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #9(Mirrorcross) Sunday October 11th Mineral Wells

You are invited to join us for Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #9 in Mineral Wells on October 11th. The event will be Mirrorcross style. We will have two courses side by side with a drag race Christmas tree start. We will have an asymmetric course layout with a tighter side and an open side. Entry is $35 for members and $40 for non-members and online registration is open on our website www.equiperapide.com. We offer walk-up registration from 8-9 at the event site on October 11th. Cash only please. We are targeting 6 runs on each side for a total of 12 runs on course. The event will be run SCCA Pro-Solo style with each competitor running back to back left and right side runs. I hope to see you all out there.

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Question about points: will both sides times be added together and then PAX'd to determine points for this event?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Yes, points will be figured on the event as a whole. The rapid pax payout will be figured separately for each side, assuming we meet the entry requirement.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Bump. Hope to see you there. BTW, we will pay separate left and right side PAX if we have at least 60 entries. Otherwise, it will be a combined PAX.
    Andy Cost

IN case you haven't heard, ER announced this weekend that Nats 2015 course designer Roger "the real" Johnson is designing one side of the mirror cross this weekend! The other side is my design, and the two sides are asymmetrical, but should be about the same length/time. Ought to make for a very challenging and exciting event. Sign up early and often for this unique event.
    Polished Turd Racing

Can't wait for this! I love the mirrorcross format.
    2004 Mazdaspeed Miata- Velocity Red (sold)

This time it's "Two Course Cross".
    1995 M Edition

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    This time it's "Two Course Cross".
    I'll be bringing my BIL's figure 8/demo derby car then.

Andy Cost

I'll be there running with Terranova.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I was recently informed that my course map attempt at humor was too subtle for this crowd.
    Andy Cost

Course Map!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Polished Turd Racing

In.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    In.
    Cool! Glad its not too pedestrian for you, unlike Savignon Orgeron
    Polished Turd Racing

I will be there

Two good courses today. One flowed better and the other was more interesting. Liked them both.

Thanks for the feedback JJ. I enjoyed your car quite a bit on my test runs. Thought it was a pretty good day, all-in-all. Someday we will figure out a trouble-free timing system for mirrorcross, but at lease we now have a good backup plan for bypassing the RT, which worked smoothly in the PM runs.
    Ironically, I was very fast on Roger's course, but never quite nailed my own design.
    Polished Turd Racing

Fun time. Had difficulty driving with my head firmly up my *ssd. But had a great time. Thanks ER.

I liked both courses. No complaints about them. I would like to see the rough sections avoided more. Or at least not placed right in a section where you are doing heavy turning / tire mutilation.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast