Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #7 - Sunday, October 25, 2015 - TMS Infield Road Course

Default TX Region SCCA Autocross #7 - Sunday, October 25, 2015 - TMS Infield Road Course

7th autocross of the year: TX Region SCCA Solo #7 - Sunday, October 25th.

Where? Texas Motor Speedway Infield Road Course in Fort Worth, TX.

Event #7 Schedule:

•Registration & Tech Inspection: 7:30am - 8:30am (PLEASE DON’T BE LATE)
    (If you are new to TX Region SCCA events, please be AT THE SITE by 7:30am)

•Course opens: 8:00am (approx.)

•Novice Walk thru: 8:30am (approx.)

•MANDATORY Drivers Meeting: 9:00am (approx.)

•First Runs Start 9:30am (Approx.)

•Trophies (and BEER ) approx. 30 minutes after conclusion of runs. (approx. 3:30 PM)

Online Registration closes Friday night, October 23rd at 11:59pm.

**NO Walk up registrations are allowed on site for this event. Online registration ONLY.

Online Registration Link:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ca-solo-428471

All this information and MORE is available on the Texas Region SCCA Solo webpage:
    http://texasscca.org/soloautocross

Running on the road course brings with it some special requirements - you must have autocrossed at least 3 times in the current year to be eligible for this event. (clubs other than SCCA qualify) We'll be checking local results when you sign up, and will contact you if we can't verify that you meet the prerequisite. This is a safety issue for us - not so much for the drivers, but for the workers. The Road Course is a large venue with workers spread out over long stretches. It's important that the worker pool be experienced in this situation.

This event will be online registration only. THERE ARE NO WALK UP REGISTRATIONS PERMITTED. This is necessary for us to verify your experience and it also helps us plan a better event for you! Because of the expenses associated with such an awesome venue, there is a $5 registration fee increase for the road course.

I'm seeking a co-drive for this event.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Run / work order posted for THIS event yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jctattoos View Post
    Run / work order posted for THIS event yet ?
    Yes it is!

TX Region SCCA Solo #7 TMS Road Course Preliminary Run/Work order:
    Run 1 / Work 3
    CS, ES, GS, ASP, CSP, XP, EP, SMF, CM, CAM-T
    Run 2 / Work 4
    SS, AS, BS, FS, HS, ESP, FSP, STU, BP, CP, FP, KM, W, CAM-S
    Run 3 / Work 1
    DS, BSP, STF, STX, AM, DM, EM, X
    Run 4 / Work 2
    SSR, SSP, DSP, STS, STR, DP, SM, SSM, BM, FM, FSAE, CAM-C
    Any changes will be announced at the mandatory 9:00am Drivers Meeting held at the Timing trailer tomorrow morning.

What is a Pirogue classed in?

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    What is a Pirogue classed in?
    Those don't look like any pirogue that I have seen.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Its racing, the dolla always wins even way down there…..Now how fast you wanna go Cher? :p

Team TR -
    Just a quick note of thanks to all that helped me get "my pirogue" off the wall and out of the mud today....

Seriously - I apologize for my epic fail at the end of the front slalom this afternoon and for the delay my off road excursion created. This said, I really appreciate the concern and support offered by many of you afterwards and I hope to re- join your ranks again next season.
    Thanks again!
    MEC

Just glad you are physically ok, Michael. The car damage is a bummer, but not as bad as it initially appeared. You are a great guy to have around at events, and you are welcome to codrive my car for free for any of the upcoming events this fall. Your mishap is a great opportunity to illustrate the importance of driver safety rules; your helmet insured you really could walk away with nothing more than a bruised ego. Don't hesitate to ask if we can help you source parts for the repairs.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

What OZMDD said. Hope you're not too sore today.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Had a great time. While options are limited, thought the course was great. Eliminating the little slalom at the finish was a great idea, as in the past too many got out of shape taking cones and timing lights..

The offs/delays were not bad at all (other than waiting for the thumbs up from the drivers) and considering the cold tires, kinda expected. Def no need to apologize. Could have been any of us. Overall fun day. Good people, Good racing, Good times!

Oil Changer

Thanks to everyone who helped and offered up help to my coolant issue. Special thanks to OZMDD who actually identified the culprit and told me about a quick fix it to get me home, you saved me so much time trying to figure it out as I had no idea small coolant hoses were running to an "oil cooler" by the oil filter. I was able to replace the hose easily enough and drive home without issue. My girl friend was video taping me driving and I could see coolant pouring out just before the last turn. Looks like the engine never had a chance to get too hot.

Thanks again.

Glad I could help, and even more so that the engine is fine. Hope to see you at LSP!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."