Thread: COTA Vintage Races

Default COTA Vintage Races

Is anyone going to the Vintage races, at COTA, the first weekend in November?

My wife and I are planning to go. We went in 2013, the first year, and really enjoyed it. I planned to start going every year but had a death in the family and couldn't make it last year. Anyway, if anyone else is planning to go...post up!

riverman
    Last edited by riverman1; 10-28-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Damn, I told myself I'd make that this year. But super bad timing...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

90% sure I'm going. Looking forward to it, as I haven't been to COTA yet.

C

In my opinion it's the best race on the calendar. I'll be there, probably both days.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I am thinking about heading there early Sunday morning since I have to work Saturday. If I come I am bringing Jack. If anyone goes will you guys let me know how the conditions are, I really dont want to drag him through the mud on a cold day.

VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post

WEATHER AND TRACK CONDITION UPDATE: US VINTAGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    OCTOBER 31, 2015 BY SVRA
    UPDATE: November 1, 2015
    Front straight all set to go! The COTA team has been working hard to get ready!
    I know there is some concern, as there has been heavy rain in Austin and the surrounding areas over the past few days. Rest assured, SVRA has never taken weather related event conditions and safety lightly. Our team, consisting of experienced racers and track officials with decades of experience are currently at COTA. The team has evaluated the conditions on the track, in the paddock, in the pits, and throughout the rest of the facility and are confident that the track will be ready for the event and load-in will begin as scheduled.
    The weather conditions are improving. Water from last weeks rainstorms is dissipating at a normal rate in most of the affected areas. The weather is warming and the forecasts are good. We have checked with many of the hotels and motels in the area, and they have reported that there have been no problems getting into Austin, or the surrounding areas.
    We will keep you apprised of situations or information that effects the US Vintage National Championship at Circuit of The Americas, as it is our goal to put on a premier vintage racing event.
    Sincerely,
    Tony Parella
    CEO and President
    SVRA

Quote Originally Posted by chriscar View Post
    WEATHER AND TRACK CONDITION UPDATE: US VINTAGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    OCTOBER 31, 2015 BY SVRA
    UPDATE: November 1, 2015
    I know there is some concern, as there has been heavy rain in Austin and the surrounding areas over the past few days. Rest assured, SVRA has never taken weather related event conditions and safety lightly. Our team, consisting of experienced racers and track officials with decades of experience are currently at COTA. The team has evaluated the conditions on the track, in the paddock, in the pits, and throughout the rest of the facility and are confident that the track will be ready for the event and load-in will begin as scheduled.
    The weather conditions are improving. Water from last weeks rainstorms is dissipating at a normal rate in most of the affected areas. The weather is warming and the forecasts are good. We have checked with many of the hotels and motels in the area, and they have reported that there have been no problems getting into Austin, or the surrounding areas.
    We will keep you apprised of situations or information that effects the US Vintage National Championship at Circuit of The Americas, as it is our goal to put on a premier vintage racing event.
    Sincerely,
    Tony Parella
    CEO and President
    SVRA
    That was posted (Sat) before the images of the track in shambles was posted (yesterday afternoon).
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

It was updated yesterday on the SVRA site.

Yeah, I am a little worried. I looked at the forecast, this morning, and they are showing 80% chance of rain for Saturday, in addition to the rain due to move thru on Thursday.