Thread: Just Joined!

Default Just Joined!

Hey guys, I came across this forum looking for sources for a research project of mine! Since I own a Miata and live in the DFW area, I figured why not join?

To start off I am a senior in High School (prepping for hate inbound) who is new to the Miata community. This car was my dad's daily driver for four years, and was the car I learned how to drive on. It is a 2002 Blazing Yellow Mica. So far the only mods are a Hard Dog Roll Bar, HP+ Pads, and an Enthuza XR Lightweight Exhaust. I've had experience racing karts at DKC since I was about 12 or 13 and have gone on one autocross and one track day down at MSR in Cresson (Hopefully more once the weather gets warm!).

For now I'm just looking to join a good community of people who love Miata's and live nearby. This certainly seems like a great place to start!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome, have fun with your Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Good year of miata to get started with.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by crispychicken49 View Post
    For now I'm just looking to join a good community of people who love Miata's and live nearby. This certainly seems like a great place to start!
    Hey can you let us know when you find that good community? Maybe post up a link or something!

Welcome. So you kart, your miata has mods, you have been to MSR, how is it we don't know who dad is? Did he have fun with his 4years with the miata?

Enjoy the addiction and chaos.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Welcome. So you kart, your miata has mods, you have been to MSR, how is it we don't know who dad is? Did he have fun with his 4years with the miata?

Enjoy the addiction and chaos.
    Mostly because I'm the one with the track addiction! He's only been on one track day before way back in 2007. However if you know Georg at Apex Driving Academy, he's a great friend of ours and has helped me a lot when it comes to fixing stuff and the lone track day I participated in!

Welcome, from another new member! Now I'm in the mood for crispy chicken... dammit!

I didn't know Apex existed... I will have to check them out!