Thread: 2016 PAX numbers are out.

Default 2016 PAX numbers are out.

New PAX numbers are out. Looks like only small changes.

http://solotime.info/pax/rtp2016.html

CAM classes PAX continues to be stupid soft. C5/C6 ZO6 with pretty much unlimited mods (CAM-S) is slower than STR/STU and only .007 faster than STS and .006 faster than AS (.36 sec. on 60 sec. course)???

When I see stuff like that I pretty much lose any faith I had in the numbers.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

They finally closed the gap on ES & GS...better late than never, I guess.

Is this an issue of the best drivers not being in the fastest cars ,so the times they use to analyze numbers are skewed ? Like STS ,STU, STR versus CAM cars ? (Not being biased of course)
    I wouldn't mind having a LS swapped fox body on 18x12s in CAM for myself

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    New PAX numbers are out. Looks like only small changes.

http://solotime.info/pax/rtp2016.html

CAM classes PAX continues to be stupid soft. C5/C6 ZO6 with pretty much unlimited mods (CAM-S) is slower than STR/STU and only .007 faster than STS and .006 faster than AS (.36 sec. on 60 sec. course)???

When I see stuff like that I pretty much lose any faith I had in the numbers.
    On paper, that does look stupid. In order for that to change, I think someone is going to have to build it and prove it. I don't think anyone has seen a full-tilt build by a top level driver yet.

I think its peculiar how my class got easier by staying the same compared to the rest of the classes getting harder.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Agreed. The thing with CAM is that they are not jacket classes, so Rick probably doesn't worry too much about how competitive the pax is. Problem is that locally, they do get to compare pax against everyone else.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Rick posted this on another forum about the CAM indexes.

“I've tried to keep the CAM factors down, so as to join SCCA's effort to get more participation. I've felt the factors for CAM have been a bit soft, but no where does anyone run very high in the Index results. I guess I'll just let them suffer. With the addition of STP and the new allowances in CAM-S, I may need to make some adjustments to the Category before the first of the year.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth”

I guess DuSold is too isolated of a data point to justify a shift in the index overall. I'm ok with it, as it is bringing-in a new type of car and driver to the fold. Some of them will move to more traditional classes once they get tired of beating-up their $100k+ machines and still losing to 80's civics and 90's miatas.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 11-20-2015 at 09:12 AM.
    Polished Turd Racing

I like CAM cars because the cars are cool. Dusold is definetly the exception locally because his car is amazing and he is great at driving it. He represents the pinnacle of the new Goodguys show type autocross cars that are becoming popular because of the pro touring style . I think classes like CAM reflect the typical situation of drivers starting the sport in cars that aren't the easiest to learn to drive autocross in . It'd be a fun thing for everybody in 2 liter and under cars switch with drivers in 5 liter and over cars and see the results ! zoom zoom

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    On paper, that does look stupid. In order for that to change, I think someone is going to have to build it and prove it. I don't think anyone has seen a full-tilt build by a top level driver yet.

I think its peculiar how my class got easier by staying the same compared to the rest of the classes getting harder.

Opposite of last year. GS didn't change, but got harder cause other classes were made softer. Go figure.

Um, you've got it backwards. Other classes got harder, making GS softer for 2016.
    Polished Turd Racing

Rick has updated the CAM numbers, while I think they are still a little soft, they are no longer “you’ve got to be kidding soft”.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Um, you've got it backwards. Other classes got harder, making GS softer for 2016.
    Not really. I said OPPOSITE of last year..

2015 GS pax stays the same while others got softer. Net GS harder.
    2016 GS pax stays the same while others got harder. Net GS softer.

In other words: that's what she said..

Quote Originally Posted by Jctattoos View Post
    Sacrilege!!! Ban him for perversion.

Played in the special kid class (CAMC) for long enough to see that the open rules set could result in some pretty wild cars. Heading to STP. Would seem to be a good fit for my mild Mustang, hoping the tire offset (315s allowed for solid axle vs 285 IRS) makes for broad competition options. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jctattoos View Post
    Is this an issue of the best drivers not being in the fastest cars ,so the times they use to analyze numbers are skewed ? Like STS ,STU, STR versus CAM cars ? (Not being biased of course)
    I have a FOX body CAM-T "starter kit" ready for you. Has a pretty hot 302 (450ish horse) running 14.5:1 compression on E85 and C4 transmission. Cage, fuel cell, 4 link, mumford link, racing seats, Moates Quarterhorse, and much more. Comes with a couple of pickup truck loads of wheels, tires, motors, transmissions, and various other parts. $4500 obo.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Dang! Why ain't you ridin that pony , Andy ?!

I never get the time to finish it. It was going to be a CP car. I got it ready to drive and found that the transmission was broken. I had the transmission rebuilt but haven't had a good motivation to put it back in. Plus the fact that I broke 4 motors in my MR2, 1 in my Dodge Truck, and 1 in my Genesis Coupe. I've been busy just keeping my daily's running.

I suppose during a week long vacation I could get it put together enough to autocross. It would take a while to ferret out all the issues that come along with a new build.

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Bitchin' little fox. Get it running and give the spurs or give it a coat of plastidip for quick sale. The Mustang freaks are always hunting fox bodies.

I just can't get past the shock factor of 6 motors!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
    I just can't get past the shock factor of 6 motors!
    Motors hate Andy.

Looks like more changes are on the way:

• Look for a major ProSolo Announcement soon!
    • SCCA Timing Systems – we currently have a broad group of members and experts gathered to flush out and give input to the SCCA Staff regarding what it would take to create or acquire timing software that will tie online registration, online results, weekend membership, Solo reporting, sanctioning, and credit card processing together.
    • The SEB is excited to launch STP (Street Touring Pony Car) this year as a supplemental class. We are always cautious about how and when to add a class. It was very clear the membership demand for this class is strong. Also look for new classifications including mid-engine vehicles to STU shortly.
    • Rules Change Tracking Spreadsheet – The SEB is working with Doug Gill to keep everyone informed about what rules change proposals are in play and their current status. Look for this in the: Programs > Autocross > Rules section of the SCCA.com website.

1995 M Edition