Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miatas @ Hallett 2016

Default Miatas @ Hallett 2016

Got this email from Connie today.

Hello, Miata family!
    Just a friendly reminder to make sure you have marked your 2016 calendar
    for Miatas@Hallett the second weekend in September – the 9th and 10th.
    Per usual, we have a block of rooms reserved at the Hampton in Sand Springs.
    Call 918-245-8500 and use the Group Code MIA
    If you want visual memories of the fun wealways have at this event . . . .
    click http://hallettfotoshoppe.com/MiatasAtHallett2015/

We are sending email invitations to all the expanded-area Miata Clubs. If you
    know a Miata enthusiast, please extend an invite to this memorable event
    at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. If they have questions about the event give
    them my email and/or phone # and share Tim’s photo link.

Registration online will open April 1, 2016.

Looking forward to another great field of Miata enthusiasts throughout the
    2016 season at Hallett. There are at least 18 different days of High Speed
    Touring scheduled for those who want to come to the track more than the
    one time in September.

Thank you,
    Connie Stephens
    [email protected]
    Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
    59901 E. 55 Road
    Jennings, OK 74038
    (91 585-1900 office (weekdays)
    (91 356-4814 track (weekends)

Leilane and I will be there.

Yay! I was worried she wasn't going to do it after last year's low turnout. Signing up now.

I also will be there. In the 90!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

So is this a two-day track event specifically for Miatas?

I've never done a track event before. Would any road-worthy Miata capable of passing an Autox-style tech inspection be able to participate, or are there additional tech requirements? Judging from the photos, a roll bar isn't a requirement. Any broomstick test?

How about the driver? Is this an event that a total beginner track novice could enter? What exactly goes on for the two days of the event?

Quote Originally Posted by 865 View Post
    So is this a two-day track event specifically for Miatas?

I've never done a track event before. Would any road-worthy Miata capable of passing an Autox-style tech inspection be able to participate, or are there additional tech requirements? Judging from the photos, a roll bar isn't a requirement. Any broomstick test?

How about the driver? Is this an event that a total beginner track novice could enter? What exactly goes on for the two days of the event?
    Friday is generally for returning drivers that have experience. The course will be driven in the non-traditional clockwise.

Saturday is the actual Miatas at Hallett event. The course is driven counter-clockwise. There is a banquet that night. If you are only driving on Sat, then arrive Friday afternoon and stop by the track to get the lay of the land and see some cars in action. Arrive back at the crack of dawn (sooner?) on Sat for a day of fun. Bring your own beverage to the catered banquet on Sat night at the hotel. Head home on Sunday.

Yep, a general tech inspection is required, like an AX. I believe a roll-bar is only required if you are running R-comp tires rather than street tires. I know you can run without a roll-bar if you are on street tires. I'm just not sure about R-comps.

They have beginner, intermediate, and advanced groups. They have instructors for the beginner group.

It is a great way to get your Miata on a track. The track itself is run by casual, nice people. All of the other drivers are in Miatas, so you can all relate to each other.

It's truly a great Miata event that I should have started attending much sooner. The track might as well have been built for Miatas. Don't miss this.

Good info. Sounds like fun. Thanks, Jerrett.

Aside from instructors, are drivers allowed to have a passenger?

Quote Originally Posted by 865 View Post
    Good info. Sounds like fun. Thanks, Jerrett.

Aside from instructors, are drivers allowed to have a passenger?
    Only instructors, I believe.

Any idea what the cost will be, and how much track time it includes?

The dates for Miatas @ Hallett isn't listed as part of the HST (High Speed Touring) series schedule on their website, but the regular Hallett HST series requires membership in their COMMA track club ($50) plus a Driver Education class for first-time drivers at Hallett ($50) plus per-event fee of $135 (5 on-track sessions of 15 minutes each).

I'm sure all the details will be available by the time you can register for the event. I'm just trying to get a jump on it.
    Last edited by 865; 03-07-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Friday is generally for returning drivers that have experience. The course will be driven in the non-traditional clockwise.

Saturday is the actual Miatas at Hallett event. The course is driven counter-clockwise. There is a banquet that night. If you are only driving on Sat, then arrive Friday afternoon and stop by the track to get the lay of the land and see some cars in action. Arrive back at the crack of dawn (sooner?) on Sat for a day of fun. Bring your own beverage to the catered banquet on Sat night at the hotel. Head home on Sunday.

Yep, a general tech inspection is required, like an AX. I believe a roll-bar is only required if you are running R-comp tires rather than street tires. I know you can run without a roll-bar if you are on street tires. I'm just not sure about R-comps.

They have beginner, intermediate, and advanced groups. They have instructors for the beginner group.

It is a great way to get your Miata on a track. The track itself is run by casual, nice people. All of the other drivers are in Miatas, so you can all relate to each other.

It's truly a great Miata event that I should have started attending much sooner. The track might as well have been built for Miatas. Don't miss this.
    On that note is it the same cost if your on track time is only Saturday?
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Labora View Post
    On that note is it the same cost if your on track time is only Saturday?
    I can't remember 2015 pricing, but I found a note from 2014. Two day fee was $300 and Saturday only was $180. Includes the banquet fee.
    Early registration was $20 off.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    I can't remember 2015 pricing....
    Don't you have the check stub?
    1995 M Edition

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    I can't remember 2015 pricing....
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    Don't you have the check stub?
    Yes, I do, but I don't remember where I put it!

Maybe I should have said, "I don't remember 2015." That would cover it all.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

It's super-fun. The price will be super-fair. You need to stop asking so many questions and just trust us.

Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I hope to make it this year!

Engine Builder

Trying to register, either my phone isn't playing nicely with their website, or online registration isn't working for the Miatas@Hallett event.

Anyone experience the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin1824 View Post
    Trying to register, either my phone isn't playing nicely with their website, or online registration isn't working for the Miatas@Hallett event.

Anyone experience the same thing?
    I emailed Connie. Registration is coming soon. She said that she'd send out an email when it's ready.

I hope to be able to go this year..... we shall see......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registration is now open for the 14th Annual Miatas@Hallett on September 9-10. Remember, early Miata bird discount if you enter before August 12. Register online at https://hallettracing.mycustomevent....ode=TPNO1dImKx.

No previous track experience required. This track was virtually made for Miatas and the staff is like family. You really need to check this out.

They have a block of rooms set up at the Hampton in Sand Springs, OK, which is where the Saturday night BYOB banquet is. They usually cater BBQ from The Rib Crib. Reserve your room at http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...l?WT.mc_id=POG. If you prefer camping in a tent or an RV or a trailer, you are welcome to stay at the track.

Friday is just a pre-event that is run on the track clockwise. Saturday is the actual Miatas at Hallett, which is run in the normal counter-clockwise direction.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast