Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo, FM springs just got here!

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    I think I am using the stockers, It's just difficult to get the bars to the firmest position. The soft position is no problem. I am thinking that adjustable links might be the answer.
    Strange. Are you sure you've got the bar in the right way? If you take the bar out, flip it around, and reinstall it, is the angle that the endlink makes with the flats on the end of the bar better or worse?

If you can't get a stock endlink to line up, you'll be completely screwed with an RB endlink - the way they're designed, they have a very limited range of pivot motion at each end, which means they're a lot more difficult to line up than a stock endlink.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    I have seen way too many shop accidents to be playing around with that much potential energy being converted to kenetic energy. You are giving yourself a wonderful opportunity to be added to the Darwin list for nothing. Spring compressors are FREE, easy to use and safe. Re-attaching you finger is not.
    What he said. Those springs are storing a tremendous amount of energy, and you can rent spring compressors for free at any VatoZone. Why on earth you would want to stand on something wrapped in a towel that had the same energy as a rifle bullet is beyond me, but it's your foot/hand/body/garage wall, not mine.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Set the cam corder up in the corner.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I have the old dust boots off my 99 I could give you, I just did my install last month they have around 40k but werew in great shape when I took them off but I wanted to go ahead and use the new ones I bought just to not have to redo it again anytime soon.
    That job is a pain in the ass to do by yourself.
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I have the old dust boots off my 99 I could give you
    The bumpstops are integrated in the boots on M1's ('90-'97), unlike M2's ('99-up).

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I have the old dust boots off my 99 I could give you, I just did my install last month they have around 40k but werew in great shape when I took them off but I wanted to go ahead and use the new ones I bought just to not have to redo it again anytime soon.
    That job is a pain in the ass to do by yourself.
    You dont by any chance have the bumpstops, do you??

Guys, ive cahnged plans & im not doing anything tomorrow, so if anyone isnt busy, we could do it then??

Are you busy tomorrow, TC??
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi

Jigger...did you see this? You can't use the boots off an M2 on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    The bumpstops are integrated in the boots on M1's ('90-'97), unlike M2's ('99-up).

Oh, so they wont work at all...ok, gotcha.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Guys, ive cahnged plans & im not doing anything tomorrow, so if anyone isnt busy, we could do it then??

Are you busy tomorrow, TC??
    AFAIK I'm free. Cell phone is 214-912-9261 if I'm not responding to computer messaging....
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

You should set up a post in Impromptu Events. To get more people to help. I have to put down ceramic tile most of the day tommorow. If I finish early I'll come out and help.
    No more Miata

^Yea I was going to do that, but now I dont know. Town North Mazda has to order the bumpstops, & since theyre closed saturday(forgot about that), overnighting them lands them here on Monday at the earliest.

Anyone know where I could get 2 new bumpstops by tomorrow??

If I cant get bumpstops, then its a bust for tomorrow, dammit.

Get them ordered with overnight shipping, Saturday delivery, from Trussville Mazda.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Get them ordered with overnight shipping, Saturday delivery, from Trussville Mazda.

RJ
    That would be un-cheap! You could lose you team CB card for that!

Have you tried Freeman Mazda in Irving? They may not be the cheapest but if you need them quick.......

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    That would be un-cheap! You could lose you team CB card for that!
    Yeah, but it would meet his schedule.

With the Trussville discount and no tax, it might come out pretty close to a local stealership price with tax.

RJ

Thats why im only getting the fronts, to keep the TCB status

You forget, my FM springs are used, & the AGX are $300 ebay special(still new though). So I think I have a little room to splurge on 2 new bumpstops.

Hell id use all 4 of the old ones if I could get away with it, im a cheap mofo.

Yeah, but it would meet his schedule.

With the Trussville discount and no tax, it might come out pretty close to a local stealership price with tax.

RJ
    Well Mr. Know it all have you shipped anything via. UPS Saturday delivery latel. It's not Team CB by any means!

You may want to plug the data into UPS.com's shipping rates calculator before you take Channelmaniac's advice as gospel.

Well Sparky,

Did you miss the word MIGHT in there?

Well Sparky,

Did you miss the word MIGHT in there?
    Are you trying to get on my bad side today?

Freeman is the same deal NO SATURDAY FOR YOU!!

Dang you'd think someone in town would stock them!

POS? I thought I already was - hahahahahaha - anyway... first beer is on me at the next GTG.

Jigger... can they check other dealer stock for you to see if anyone local has them? The guys in McKinney did that for me once - that's how I found out where Town North was

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast