Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, POS, your wish comes true...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    As much as I'd hate to be into a new car payment (again!), especially after just getting out of one early last year, I'd have to go with a new Honduh or Jap equivalent. Why would I want to inherit someone else's nightmare Accord when I can get a new one for less than 25K with full warranties.
    Or save a few pennies and get a Honda Certified Pre Owned Accord.
    With a solid reputation for styling, performance, safety and value, a Honda Certified Used Car is truly a great opportunity.

The certification process includes an exhaustive 150-point mechanical and appearance inspection, performed by the dealer, to ensure that each vehicle meets the highest possible standards. Plus, all Honda Certified Used Cars come with a 7-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and a 12-month/12,000-mile non-powertrain warranty. Dependability, quality and value. Make the smart choice, and find a Certified Honda that's right for you.
    http://automobiles.honda.com/certified/landing.asp

Well?? What did you kids end up doing?

Did my wish come true?!?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Well?? What did you kids end up doing?

Did my wish come true?!?
    Not yet... we're still debating the possibility of actually fixing this thing!! Argh... sometimes it's like pushing a boulder up a hill.

Not yet... we're still debating the possibility of actually fixing this thing!! Argh... sometimes it's like pushing a boulder up a hill.
    Has she taken a test drive in a new one? That may be all you need to push her over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Has she taken a test drive in a new one? That may be all you need to push her over the edge.
    It's gonna be tough for a bit... for the next 5 weeks we're on opposing schedules.

It's gonna be tough for a bit... for the next 5 weeks we're on opposing schedules.
    You could always try to rent one and let her spend the day with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    You could always try to rent one and let her spend the day with it.
    Here's the problem... you and I are using Guy Logic. In my wife's frugal, womanly opinion, that would fly like a lead brick.

Here's the problem... you and I are using Guy Logic. In my wife's frugal, womanly opinion, that would fly like a lead brick.
    Yeah, if you tell her first. I'm thinking she goes to leave for work and there is the new rental car in the driveway. She can drive the Sled, that she hates, or she can take the rental.

That shouldn’t be too tough, just call her mom & dad and tell her how you worry about Gwen driving around in that 12 year old car with 170,000 miles on it, that doesn't have the latest safety equipment. Especially with her varying hours working in the seedy part of Dallas, what if it broke down!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    That shouldn’t be too tough, just call her mom & dad and tell her how you worry about Gwen driving around in that 12 year old car with 170,000 miles on it, that doesn't have the latest safety equipment. Especially with her varying hours working in the seedy part of Dallas, what if it broke down!
    That's like playing dirty pool...

I like playing dirty pool...

Well Sparky? What's new on the Dead Honda front?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123