Thread: WTB 01-05 engine

Default WTB 01-05 engine

Looking for a good 01 - 05 VVT motor. Should pass compression & leak down tests.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

+1 for Nash.

Not sure he can use the jdm vvt for his project. different CR
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver
    Blog Entries

I got my engine from Mazda-Nissan Heaven, and it is running as it should. Car-part.com shows they have one with 195 compression on all four for $835. I got a one year warranty from them on the one I just installed for an extra $100.
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

JDM engines are not an option under ruleset.

Steve, did you find your engine yet? I have a 2003 Miata that I need to part out or sell most of. According to the guy I bought it from, the car 'ran fine when I crashed it...'
    It has been sitting in my shed since December. 1.8 VVT engine, transmission, and superTaguki (whatever) dif all appear intact.

Most of the interior is gone. The front left suspension is bent. The body is beat up. I'd like to rob the sport brakes and hood off of it, but I could sell the rest of the car pretty reasonably.

I and the car are in Crowley.

Thanks i am good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by redneck4Christ View Post
    Steve, did you find your engine yet? I have a 2003 Miata that I need to part out or sell most of. According to the guy I bought it from, the car 'ran fine when I crashed it...'
    It has been sitting in my shed since December. 1.8 VVT engine, transmission, and superTaguki (whatever) dif all appear intact.

Most of the interior is gone. The front left suspension is bent. The body is beat up. I'd like to rob the sport brakes and hood off of it, but I could sell the rest of the car pretty reasonably.

Just to satisfy curiosity, what would you want for the complete engine? I'm always toying with the idea of an NB engine swap if one came along, even though I know I don't have the time and it's probably more than I want to spend at the moment... :)
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    Just to satisfy curiosity, what would you want for the complete engine? I'm always toying with the idea of an NB engine swap if one came along, even though I know I don't have the time and it's probably more than I want to spend at the moment... :)
    $500 ? You are free to test out the motor before taking delivery of it.

I probably need to take pictures with signage and make a proper f/s post first though huh?

Hmm. I'm interested, but not sure I am ready to have an engine hanging around in my garage. Email me when you're ready to prep it for sale.

gremster3000 at gmail
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Do you know how many miles were on the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoney View Post
    Do you know how many miles were on the engine?
    I never had the dash cluster to check, but the guy I bought it from said about 150k.

Oil Changer

Quote Originally Posted by redneck4Christ View Post

Did it have a factory cruise control? i'm going to have to install a cruise control in mine. The miata i just bought doesn't have one.
    There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who have friends