Thread: New to Texas

Default New to Texas

Hey gals and guys,

I just moved to Frisco, TX back in March for work (Enterprise IT), and am finally acclimated enough to start playing. I hail from Nashville, and frankly, I am missing our curvy, sensual, voluptuous, ahem...*nice* roads, but Texas is great so far!

Full disclosure: I am a BMW guy. I have very close ties to the guys who recently founded the E30CCA chapter of BMWCCA, and I currently own two E30s. One is a flared, turbo M52 swapped, carbon fiber laden, big tire XP build-in-process, and the other is an M50 swapped weekend warrior for the Dragon. Both of these cars are still living in TN.

I owned an NA several years back and always missed it after it was gone, so I traded a Ford 5.0 powered E28 for an NB (last week!) that might be familiar around these parts. I'll be running STR at the local autocrosses and I look forward to meeting all of you!

If there is some kind of local meet up, or gathering, or therapy session, I am always down to drink beer and talk about the finer things on four wheels in life.

Cheers ,

Chris

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard Chris...we won't hold you being a BMW guy against ya! There is a local BMW club that sponsors AX events...Ken-O on this forum can fill you in.

I don't recognize your NB, maybe some one else will.

Thanks, Sam! At least, I'm assuming that's your name . The car belonged to Marcus B. (also a BMW guy), and I know he used to run it up at Eagles Canyon...not sure about autocross.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome, to Texas and the forum, have fun with your Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome to this madness
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

BMWCCA is fairly active here in DFW. Come out to a few of their social events and autox or DE events.

The local meet-up for Miata folk is Wed nights at Keller's drive-in (old 50's style burger/beer landmark) in Dallas (Northwest Hwy @ Abrams). There are other folks who gather at Cars and Coffee and informally, but this is is the only regular GTG that seems to keep going over the years. Sometimes there are 8-10 cars, sometimes 30+.

Welcome, and I'll look for you at the autocrosses!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Welcome! That car looks familiar. We know Marcus! In case you're wondering, Track Dog Racing is the local (Dallas) Miata crack dealer. We stock lots of replacement and aftermarket performance parts. Since you are displaying the decals and if you will be running local area track events on a regular basis, we offer a discount on parts and service. Let me know if we can help.

http://trackdogracing.com/contact-us.aspx
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I will definitely make some of the BMWCCA events, as well as the Keller's meets--what time does everyone start rolling in?

I actually completely stripped the car of stickers, BUT, if there's a discount you speak of, I'm sure we could slap a few more on her ! Marcus had nothing but good things to say about the folks at Track Dog and DFWMiatas, so I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by chondamx View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I will definitely make some of the BMWCCA events, as well as the Keller's meets--what time does everyone start rolling in?

I actually completely stripped the car of stickers, BUT, if there's a discount you speak of, I'm sure we could slap a few more on her ! Marcus had nothing but good things to say about the folks at Track Dog and DFWMiatas, so I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    Kellers is every Wednesday at 6537 Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75231. Start time is 7pm-ish to 10pm-ish We park up front on the left side in front of the bikers. Bring cash as it's preferred over credit or debit cards. Swing by the shop sometime and we can discuss the sponsorship program.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Welcome,

The BMW club is the best in town to race in IMO. Most laid/back fun from what I have seen. (I'm not one for points/classes etc etc so I guess it is a good fit.)

I am going to the Dragon in a few weeks, can't wait. (If you have any must hit spots PM me!)

See ya at Kellers.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily