Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much stereo stuff can you shove in a Miata?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Pretty much the same... but if you're building a SPEC, they'll be coming out anyhow!
    Not necessarily!

I saw a lot of spec cars out at MSR that had them in still... Helps keep the car weather resistant when they are sitting out under awnings instead of in the garage. Mine won't be kept in the garage 100% at home. I need the garage space back!

Power windows are also easier to roll up & down when strapped in a harness AND they don't have a crank handle that gets blocked by the roll cage.

I'm still debating buying a donor car... which if I do the spec will be OUT of the garage since I can have a non-running car in the driveway as long as it doesn't look non-running. The city frowns on having wrecked donor cars sitting in the driveway. I have a line on a car that supposedly has a hardtop for just 800 + storage fees (about $70 bux)

I'm just trying to talk the wife into that one. If I get it, who needs what parts? hehehehe Gotta recoup it somehow!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Same here.

I pulled the book you wanted out... you still need to borrow it?
    Yes sir!

When can I come get it? The rest of the parts are supposed to be in by Wednesday. Still waiting on the intake and exhaust manifold nuts (OK, I'm sure some of you can find humor in that) and a couple of baffle plates for the valve cover that are having to come from California.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    I have a line on a car that supposedly has a hardtop for just 800 + storage fees (about $70 bux)
    Care to share this line?

I saw a lot of spec cars out at MSR that had them in still...
    If they're running NASCAR bars, then they wouldn't have windows... at least not on the driver's side. I would highly suggest some sort of stout NASCAR style bar.

MadMerv may chime in soon with his opinion... he would know best.

Yes sir!

When can I come get it?
    Pretty much any evening between 6:30 and 8:30.... I'll PM you address and phone #.

CM,

I work weekday evenings 5:30p-9:30p. 12p-9:30p on Wednesdays. I can make arrangements any other time. I think I still have the directions to your place. Just let me know when I can come out or I can meet you at your Plano work place.

I'll make the time! I promise!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    CM,

I work weekday evenings 5:30p-9:30p. 12p-9:30p on Wednesdays. I can make arrangements any other time. I think I still have the directions to your place. Just let me know when I can come out or I can meet you at your Plano work place.

I'll make the time! I promise!
    I'm on vacation this week... and next Monday is a holiday... so I'm out till Tuesday!

So... call me on my cell and I can bring it over to meet you somewhere. Tomorrow at lunch my folks will be down to pick up the kiddo from his last day of school. The wife is on a trip with her graduate history class... so I'm bacheloring it for a week

RJ

So... call me on my cell and I can bring it over to meet you somewhere.
    RJ
    Sweet! I'll call ya!

Update: PM sent. Need your celly.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Not necessarily!

I saw a lot of spec cars out at MSR that had them in still... Helps keep the car weather resistant when they are sitting out under awnings instead of in the garage. Mine won't be kept in the garage 100% at home. I need the garage space back!

Power windows are also easier to roll up & down when strapped in a harness AND they don't have a crank handle that gets blocked by the roll cage.
    If you put NASCAR bars in the driver's side of the cage (which I highly, highly recommend), you'll have no driver's side window at all. Just a net.

What you've probably seen at the races are drop-ins. They are window inserts designed to drop in at the top of the door to keep the car weatherproof during transport, but to be removed before racing.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Whew... all that stuff is now OUT of the car... and I only have to patch 2 wires... The main ignition wire (where the kill relay was) and the door switch for the interior lights.

I'm going to leave the airbag system in until I get the car reassembled & running. This way I can check out the module to see if it's still in working order so I can sell it for some $$$.

Hey 3Bean! How hard is it to get to the sensor up under the dash?

I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get to for removal. I can at least remove parts of the wiring harness for the airbag system.

RJ

Hey 3Bean! How hard is it to get to the sensor up under the dash?

I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get to for removal. I can at least remove parts of the wiring harness for the airbag system.

RJ
    Getting to the center sensor is going to require the removal of the dash... but the dash comes out fairly easily.

Getting to the center sensor is going to require the removal of the dash... but the dash comes out fairly easily.
    He oughtta know - I think he's taken his out half a dozen times!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Kewl! Hey 3Bean, would ya come up to Lewisville and help a guy out? I'd buy the food & the drinks.

Hell, if ya like venison I could throw some venison brauts on the grill.

No hurry on it. I'm going to get the car running so I can see what the airbag light shows. I'm hoping it's all in good working order so I can remove all of it and sell the whole system, wiring harness, sensors, steering wheel, and modules.

RJ

Kewl! Hey 3Bean, would ya come up to Lewisville and help a guy out? I'd buy the food & the drinks.
    I'll try... schedule is screwy lately... however, I'll be off this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I've gotta meet with Jigger and pick up my new top...

Kewl!

I'm hoping to get the car running by Saturday but that all depends on how soon I can get those dang intake bolts.

RJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12