Thread: "The" best alignment shop in North Dallas?

Default "The" best alignment shop in North Dallas?

I have an MSM that I'd like to do a good alignment on, is there a very good shop in North Dallas that anyone can recommend?

I am not looking for cheap, I am looking for quality work and precision (not someone at a chain shop looking to get "green" on the screen.) I want to hand the alignment specs I want to a professional shop, sit in the car while they do the alignment and pay the fair price for quality work.

I'm in Frisco, any good shops around here? Don't mind a little drive for a good shop of course, but North Dallas area would be preferred.

A service guy at Town North Mazda (Central Expressway just south of Belt Line) told me they will do custom alignments to your specifications. Cost is under $100. I'm not sure if they'll let you sit in the car, but you could call them. Ask for Victor in Service. He's the one I talked to about it a couple of weeks ago.

I won't be in a position to recommend them or not until I've had them do an alignment for me. I'm planning on that within the next few weeks, early January. Then I'll be able to give you some personal insight.

Let me be the first to point you to Baker at The Tire Store and Service Center in Bedford. Lots of people drive from your area or farther to work with him. He's a Miata guy, honest, and will give you a custom alignment.

http://www.tirestoretx.com/

Texas Track Works.
    Jason McDaniel

Chassis Designer

+ 1 on Texas Track Works

http://www.bobbygarretts.com/Welcome.html

Does everything with gauges no digital anything, and knows his stuff. Very reasonably priced too.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Thanks guys, I'll get busy making phone calls. If there are any more recommendations send them my way.

Merry Christmas to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Labora View Post
    http://www.bobbygarretts.com/Welcome.html

Does everything with gauges no digital anything, and knows his stuff. Very reasonably priced too.
    Difficult to schedule time there. So I don't recommend him anymore. That way I can still get an appointment.
    Jason McDaniel

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    Difficult to schedule time there. So I don't recommend him anymore. That way I can still get an appointment.
    He is often busy working on straightening frames that other people are too lazy to do or don't know how to do properly. I have got in on Saturday the last 2x I needed one done. :P
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Went to TX track works, great shop!

I've had two alignments done at Town North Mazda. They'll dial it in to your specifications, and you can sit in the car for weight balancing. They do a great job. I think it's a good deal for $89.

I would not go to TTW, they spent 2 hours aligning my car and it left with a crooked steering wheel. I have Classic BMW's race team align all my cars now. They do a bang up job, hit the specs exactly and the wheel is DEAD straight every time.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I never had an issue at TTW, but I left the car and didn't rush them.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Always had great service at TTW.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Always had great service at TTW.
    +1
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

My alignment at TTW was good but they had a new guy do my clutch and he dorked it up pretty good. I had to take it back to be redone. They made it good, but it was a PITA to have to go back twice and even then I found a loose ground on the PPF afterward. Nice guys and I still plan to go back, but everybody has a bad day now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I have Classic BMW's race team align all my cars now. They do a bang up job, hit the specs exactly and the wheel is DEAD straight every time.
    Intersting, I went to this dealer for a yearly maintenance on my daily driver a few months ago and had no idea they had a race team doing this kind of work. So you just called and asked the race team to do the work? What did they charge for an alignment?

Classic fields a few race cars. We bought one of their retired Z4s a few years ago.
    Jason McDaniel