Thread: FS: Black Robbins Canvas top on frame w/ Defroster Window & Hardware

Default FS: Black Robbins Canvas top on frame w/ Defroster Window & Hardware

$450 firm for everything.

Top, frame, rainrail, window seals, defrost pigtail, dash switch, relay, fuse block. (I keep latches)
    I need your old frame(just front bow) to install a bikini top onto. Dont think condition matters.

its still installed on the car if anyone wanted to come look at it and check functionality. I don't want to remove the top until I sell it(for obvious reasons).

Black Robbins Streamline canvas top with glass defroster window. Installed on an NB frame. It would come with frame, rain rail, side weather trim, and all removable parts that make the defroster work (homemade pigtail plug, switch, fuse in trunk, I think that's all).

http://www.mossmiata.com/Shop/ViewPr...eIndexID=78165

New this top is $580 plus installation onto your frame, then you would have to source the defroster parts which are not cheap.

This top is the new version with the newer glass window design that has zero separation problems and carries a lifetime warranty(not sure if it transfers to a new owner but the robbins customer service are super cool). Came with a new rain rail as well. I installed the top in 2013, and the car has seen less than like 2,000 miles since. Car spends 90% of the time stored in the garage with the top latches open.

Only issues is the side seals leak in the rain like most tops do. They are in good shape and probably could be adjusted out.

These are the only pics I have that show the fitment around the window. I can get more if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Jiggerachi; 03-10-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Added price.

Current pics. The lines are dust marks from putting it up and down in a dusty garage, not wrinkles. Will wash out.

Gratuitous action shot!

Last edited by Jiggerachi; 03-10-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Updated the price, decided i'm serious about selling. Can a mod update the title to FS: Black Robbins Canvas top on frame w/ Defroster Window & Hardware

Last edited by Jiggerachi; 03-10-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Queshun for the convertible overlords...

I have someone wanting to pick up this top next weekend...but as of recent events i'm not entirely sure I can guarantee a garage space for the car in a couple months. Anyone have experience with a car cover in the rain? Never used or really looked at one up close, I assume with a robust water resistant cover over a roll bar & support beam, strapped down well enough, could be good enough to keep the weather out like the soft top would be right? I can forsee both answers "yea no problem, some of those things are built like a tank" or "who would be that stupid?".

Literally have zero experience but i've seen people do it before with like Jeeps and old Morgans before, maybe they weren't too bright, or worked out well??

I may have a car port to park under before then but I can't be sure. I'd need to get one anyway since the doors leak in the rain.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 03-29-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I think if the cover/tarp is big enough to cover the entire cockpit and securely fastened down....and allow water/etc. to run off of it, it should be fine.

Think of the rain/wind last night, and prepare for something like that.

PS - Also think of critters trying to escape the weather and crawl in.

I pulled our trampoline off of/out of our fence this morning so the thought has occurred to me, lol.

As much as I realize it's a dumb idea to remove the good roof that's on the car right about the time we may be removing a garaged parking spot... it needs a car cover anyway. Last time I left it in the rain the damn thing molded... so i'm entertaining the idea of this plus an eventual car port. that's all.

Any suggestions on a solid cover? I cruised through Miata.net and looks like there are plenty to choose from and everyone has their favorite brand.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Wink