Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #2 April 2nd Mineral Wells

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #2 April 2nd Mineral Wells

You are invited to attend Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #2 on April 2nd, 2017. The format will be Pro-Solo Style mirrorcross. This will be the first of 3 mirrorcrosses hosted by Equipe Rapide this year. Attend all three for a chance to win the "Series within a Series" trophy. Mirrorcross is like autocross with an awesome twist. Competitors line up at the Christmas Tree and go heads up down the straight start. Then they make a turn onto the mirror image courses and autocros...s their way back to the finish line. Competitors switch sides and go again. In fact, each competitor will get at least 6 runs on each side of the course for a total of 12 runs! Your fastest left side and fastest right side are added together to generate your overall finishing position. This is your chance to show some agility and raw time those V8's. I hope to see you for all three events. Sign up now online. More information is available at www.autocross.com

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Bump
    Andy Cost

Bummer. I won't be able to make this one.

Looking forward to it!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

In! Just replaced my brakes. I imagine not having some locked up slider pins will help out a bit. Can't wait to try it out on course
    2004 Mazdaspeed Miata- Velocity Red (sold)

A few questions for the Burrito Supreme Leader:

- With the super-awesome RaceAmerica set up, do we have RT scoreboards that will be up just like ProSolo?
    - If yes....any bonus for cutting a perfect .500 light?
    - Will red-lights actually work now?
    - If red-lights work, will runs that were red-lit be DSQ'ed?
    - Both sides added up to determine finishing position...is that the same for Rapide PAX or is it per side (2x money)?

If I haven't said it yet, a HUGE THANKS to Equipe Rapide for going all-out with this purchase of the equipment. It's going to give a lot more people exposure to ProSolo on a smaller scale...which would hopefully get more people to go do the SCCA event in June!!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

We don't have a separate display for reaction times. I believe there is a way to make our existing display flash the reaction times.
    We don't have plans to reward perfect reaction times.
    The red lights do work just like the pro.
    If you red light then you get a DNF on that run.
    Best left and best right are added together.
    We don't plan to pay double.

We have another mirrorcross the week before the pro. It is good practice. It is a guaranteed win at the pro if you do the ER event the week before.
    Andy Cost

I'm looking for a co-drive for this event. Anyone in sts or x class let me know thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jctattoos View Post
    I'm looking for a co-drive for this event. Anyone in sts or x class let me know thanks
    John if I end up going I'd be open. My codriver will be out of town. I'm trying to decide if I want to head down to A&M instead though.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    John if I end up going I'd be open. My codriver will be out of town. I'm trying to decide if I want to head down to A&M instead though.
    Thanks man!! I will if I don't get a sts ride along

Humble Servant and Supreme Commander Andy, I have annual registration, but I won't be attending this event. How may I let the person in charge of assignments (Haley?) know that I won't be present?

Quote Originally Posted by 865 View Post
    Humble Servant and Supreme Commander Andy, I have annual registration, but I won't be attending this event. How may I let the person in charge of assignments (Haley?) know that I won't be present?
    Ill tell her.
    Andy Cost

Perfect! Thank you.

I'll be there. Do you know what the run format is going to look like?
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

Good question J-Fo. We are monitoring entry numbers before we publish the planned format. I'll try to get that out on here and FB as soon as we can.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Good question J-Fo. We are monitoring entry numbers before we publish the planned format. I'll try to get that out on here and FB as soon as we can.
    We will run three heats. You will get 3 runs on each course and then return to the grid. Then you will get three more runs on each course. You will end up taking all 12 of your runs in your heat. You will work one heat. You will be off one heat.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    We will run three heats. You will get 3 runs on each course and then return to the grid. Then you will get three more runs on each course. You will end up taking all 12 of your runs in your heat. You will work one heat. You will be off one heat.
    Can I cast a vote for splitting that up so we run in the AM and the PM?

I would also love a 2x2x2 ( 1 run on each side for 3 rounds) set up. (vs 3x2) For those of us with co-drivers. Running 12 runs back to back, Twice, could be quite hard on tires and vehicles. Unless you are talking about 2-3 hour heat. Or the courses are low 30 seconds.

Just talking in the open. Obviously I'll go with whatever.
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

These events are usually well-subscribed...running three heats with all 12 runs puts people working for quite awhile!

However, with the forecast at the moment people will probably stay home...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

It would take too long on worker changes. It will be ABC heats like we always do.
    Andy Cost

Haven't signed up yet but I'll be attending in STS. Definitely some compromises with the codriver and car heat management making all runs at once but it'll be fun either way. Do co-driver cars make all runs for each driver consecutive or are we able to switch drivers between each run pair ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast