Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #4 May 28th Mineral Wells Mirrorcross

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #4 May 28th Mineral Wells Mirrorcross

Equipe Rapide is hosting our first of three mirrorcrosses on May 28th at Mineral Wells Airport. Come compete on mirror image courses with drag starts and autocross back to the finish. Then swap sides and try again. Competitors will get between 12 and 16 runs on the courses. All for $40. More information for registration can be found on our website at www.autocross.com This event is the week before the SCCA Pro-SOLO on the same site and is great practice. We measure reaction time, Red Light, 60 foot time, and ET. So come have fun, burn rubber, and talk a little trash. See you there.

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Bump
    Andy Cost

In!
    Shinsen #1198

I'm in too.

In.

Is the breakfast club meeting up?

^--- Sounds good to me. Which posh restaurant will it be this time?

Everybody meet at the Comfort Inn and eat the hotel continental breakfast. If anyone asks what room you are in just tell them you are Jeffrey Walker-Medina.
    Andy Cost

Should we do something different and go to Taco Cabana? 245 E I-20, Weatherford, TX 76087

[Sung to Copacabana]
    At the Taco, Taco Cobana...
    His name was Jerrett, he at a taco...

I would meet Ya'll out there, but then I would miss out on the powdered eggs at the Best Western!

Oh wait, the Taco Cabana has vibrant décor. Hmmmm....
    Last edited by riverman1; 05-26-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Should we do something different and go to Taco Cabana? 245 E I-20, Weatherford, TX 76087

[Sung to Copacabana]
    At the Taco, Taco Cobana...
    His name was Jerrett, he at a taco...
    Why not? Sounds good to me.

I'll be at Taco Cabana at 7. We'll head out to the event at 7:30. Feel free to join us.

That was a great example of not judging a course until you drive it. It walked terribly, but drove quite well.

I enjoyed it!
    Shinsen #1198

I liked the course quite a lot. It was fast and fun.

I liked it too. Now if I could have just figured out how to make a 135i launch I think I could have pulled out the win. The drive by wire throttle nanny wouldn't allow any revs with a foot on the brake. So the foot had to come completely off the brake and then onto the gas. Then there was a delay. So I was launching on the first yellow hoping that it wouldn't roll out of the lights before the green.
    Andy Cost

For the first time with the whole ProSolo system, I think things went pretty ok! I'm sure the timeliness of the results will get ironed out in the future.

One small concern: from 20.10.I.2 of the ProSolo Rulebook, it states...

"There are three trip light beams at the Start Line, each approximately 9” off the ground:the Pre-Stage beam, the Stage beam, and the Guard beam. The Pre-Stage and Stagebeams are 7” apart. The Guard beam is 17” from the Stage beam."

With the beams on the ground, I was finding that the pre-stage and stage tripping was VERY tight because it was hitting the tires and not the front of the car. It would be great to build the same sort of boxes that the ProSolo tour uses so that its the same. You could even get the guard beam in there, too.

In addition, I think we can do grid just like the ProSolo where you send up pairs of cars instead of one line. That was somewhat confusing in the first heat.

In the end, I'm super glad that the club bought the whole system because I think it will help people get into the fun of ProSolo. And its a lot more runs for the same low price!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

You are right Brad. There is a small difference in how the two system's lights work.

Here are the main differences.

Pro-Solo hits the front bumper and if you stop exactly when the Stage light comes on then you have exactly 17" before you trip the Guard Light with your same bumper location. The Guard Light is used to both calculate reaction time and red light. The Pre-Stage and Stage Lights do nothing except give you a general idea that you are in the right spot, however, you can actually roll forwards from the Stage light and not know it because the pre-stage never goes out. You could be 17" away or 1" away from the Guard Light.

The NHRA style that we use has only a Pre-Stage and Stage light. They are about 2" from the ground and hit the tire. The Stage Light is used to both calculate reaction time and red light. The Pre-Stage light does nothing. A tire will have to roll about 14" before it breaks out of the Stage light. You can deep stage at 14" or roll forwards 7" where the Pre-Stage light goes out. So our system will give you a general idea that you are between 7" and 14" from the start. It is a more accurate way of knowing where you are staged.

Both systems allow for between 14" and 17" of travel before you red light.
    The only real difference the competitor sees is that the pre-stage light will go out if they pull too far forwards but it doesn't trigger a red light unless they roll past the stage light.

I'm glad you had a good time. We are happy that everything worked and are in process of making the event run smoother next time. Mostly, it was an issue with familiarity with the software and training for the trailer crew. The only hardware issues we had were with the lanes being too wide at the start for IR emitters and the crappy radios that are going to be replaced.
    Andy Cost

That's awesome information, Andy.

At the drivers meeting in Blytheville, they told us that if you fall out of stage once the tree starts coming down its an automatic RL. From what I understand of your post, that does NOT apply to our tree?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    That's awesome information, Andy.

At the drivers meeting in Blytheville, they told us that if you fall out of stage once the tree starts coming down its an automatic RL. From what I understand of your post, that does NOT apply to our tree?
    Pre-Stage doesn't matter if you roll out. If you were unfortunate enough to roll backwards out of the stage light then you would get a red light on either setup.
    Andy Cost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast