Thread: deep regrets, but I have to give up tracking

Thumbs down deep regrets, but I have to give up tracking

Not sure if any of you guys know me or not, but I'm the driver of what I affectionately refer to as the smurf turd. I've had bone on bone issues in my left big toe area for several years now and after a couple of failed surgeries, it's crystal clear that I'm no longer going to be able to track. I had a Cheilectomy two years ago and then 3 months ago I tried a cartiva implant. Neither have reduced the pain enough to be able to operate a clutch.

I hate it, but I have to get rid of my beloved track rat and my Everlite 82 x 18 aluminum trailer, which I purchased from a friend of Ken O's in 2014.

I really don't have a great idea what they're both worth, but I'm open to reasonable offers and would like to get rid of them both soon.

The turd is in great mechanical shape, well taken care of and is a rock solid track car. It could easily be raced with an inspection and the trailer is almost new.

I also have a 2002 Tahoe, which I've been driving as my daily since the toe issues - it's a solid tow vehicle, but nothing special and has 212K miles on it.

I'll try to post some pics this weekend, but no guarantees - I'm not super enthusiastic about things.

Contact me if you're interested.

Best Regards,
    Simon

Sorry to hear but why not just buy an automatic or DCT car?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

It's a reasonable question, but it's honestly outside of my tracking budget and I just don't think I would enjoy it as much. The miata was/is a very affordable track car.

It’s always good to put a starting price. If I don’t see a price in an add I just move on. It keeps me from insulting you with a stupid low offer, and from wasting my time making offers on something out of my price range (more than I want to spend).

If you bought the trailer used then it’s most likely worth close to what you paid for it if it is still in good shape.

You are not giving any info on the car to even know what price range the car is in. Is it a $1,000 beater NA or a nice $15,000 NC track day car?

If you want to sell the car we need a lot more information, year, mods, etc. Right now we just know it's a blue Miata.
    Last edited by Robert; 07-11-2017 at 04:08 PM.

you're totally right Robert. I'd like ~5k for the miata (full cage, race ready) and about ~3k for the trailer. I think that's about fair...

The miata is close to spec - just has a racing beat exhaust.

I will post a bunch of pics and info this weekend - sorry for the lack of info. I'm just pretty bummed about the whole thing

I'll also let anyone that's serious take it on the track - just need to coordinate, etc...

I'd honestly take 10k for the miata, trailer and tahoe - talk about a cheap race setup. I have a 2nd set of wheels and rubber too for the miata. Like I said, I'll get some pics up this weekend, if I can bring myself to do it.
    Last edited by SimDove; 07-11-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Seems like a really good price for the trailer. Good luck with sale.

How much does the trailer weigh?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

The trailer is 1300 lbs empty - all aluminum.

What year is the Miata?

It's a 1991. It was fully built out as a spec and was even entered into a few trial races at hallett by a girl named Julia. There's a long story about what happened with her father and why the car sat for a while before I bought it for a track car, but I don't want to overshare personal information.

Just so everyone believes my story, this is what my foot looked like after the cartiva http://www.simonrex.com/yuck.jpg

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by SimDove View Post
    you're totally right Robert. I'd like ~5k for the miata (full cage, race ready) and about ~3k for the trailer. I think that's about fair...

The miata is close to spec - just has a racing beat exhaust.

I will post a bunch of pics and info this weekend - sorry for the lack of info. I'm just pretty bummed about the whole thing

I'll also let anyone that's serious take it on the track - just need to coordinate, etc...

I'd honestly take 10k for the miata, trailer and tahoe - talk about a cheap race setup. I have a 2nd set of wheels and rubber too for the miata. Like I said, I'll get some pics up this weekend, if I can bring myself to do it.
    Interested.

replied to your email Scott with contact info - text me at your convenience and we can work out meeting details.