Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attic Insulation Question

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    You will be surprised how much more efficient the new A/C unit will be. My electric bill dropped by half with the new unit!
    Did they blow a ton of insulation at the same time?? I don't doubt it would be more efficient but I tend to notice they also what to insulate the attic along with the installation of a new A/C unit.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Did they blow a ton of insulation at the same time?? I don't doubt it would be more efficient but I tend to notice they also what to insulate the attic along with the installation of a new A/C unit.
    I just had a new heat pump and blower from Rheem. The old one came with the house and was a Carrier which lasted more than 20 years other than getting a new capacitor every other year. Toward the end it was running non-stop 24 hours. I had the new one paid for from the saving of the smaller electric bill pretty fast. I didn't even get the multi-stage unit which supposed to be even more efficient. In 2015 Uncle Sam mandated all the A/C units have to meet the new efficiency standard. The A/C guy told me all the units installed in the past few years are totally redesigned during the change over to the new standard. One extra benefit of the new design is the noise. The new one is very quite especially when it kicks in. The old was sounding like the 747 was about the take off.
    Gabriel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12